We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand canyon tours need help!!

Miami, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Grand canyon tours need help!!

Hey guys i need help me and my boyfriend will be in vegas for 7 days..

I was doing my research on grand canyon tours and I came across this 3 companies...

Grand Canyon Express Tour of the West Rim - The Comedy deck tours (Groupon)

$79.00 each

South Rim National Park Luxury Motor Coach - By Alllasvegastours.com

$71.99 each

Grand Canyon National Park South Rim Bus Tour - By Grandcanyontourcompany.com

$79.99 each

Being so confused reading mix good and bad reviews.. I notice the groupon one have the most good reviews but it's only going in west rim..need some suggestions or if you guys know any companies with this price range??

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand canyon tours need help!!

Let me preface this comment by telling you that the South Rim is the most beautiful,however,it is also the most time-consuming. I did the West rim tour and had a great time. I enjoyed the "skywalk" over the canyon. I didnt find it to be the tourist trap that others seem to find it. Lets face it,all of Vegas is a tourist trap I guess. I just did not want to spend all day looking at the Canyon. Im not the type that can spend hours looking at scenery and after a little while Im ready for the next adventure. The west rim is NOT part of the park,but IS part of the Grand Canyon system. good luck in your choice.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand canyon tours need help!!

Welcome to the forum,

The three companies you chose are all booking agents, and they will not be the ones who will be running your tours. The Groupon Special is for Comedy on Deck tours, and while it has good reviews as you stated, it does indeed only offers tours to GC West, which as tjp mentions, is not part of the Grand Canyon National Park but it is part of the Grand Canyon . GC West is NOT, however, the Grand Canyon you've learned and heard about all your life. The South and North Rims is where the National Park is, and where I suggest visitors visit as well, even though it is indeed a 10 hour roundtrip drive from Las Vegas. Best thing to do is of course to rent a car, book lodging, and stay overnight at the South Rim to experience the Grand Canyon's sunset and sunrise and take in the sights in deeper than what a day trip can afford.

Since the three options are all land-based tours, and you don't seem to mind the long trip based on that, and your price range seems to be in the sub- Benjamin range (under $100), I can recommend the following Grand Canyon South Rim tour to you, based on personal experience: http://www.vegastours.com/motorcoach/mcs.htm

It is a bus tour to the South Rim from Vegas, runs for $89 which includes the $10 fuel surcharge on top of the $79 price advertised on that booking agency's website link above,and it is provided by SweeTours, a reputable grand canyon touring company. The buses are late model ones, and never filled to capacity for the tours. You'd spend 3 hours at the Grand Canyon National Park, breakfast, lunch, and unlimited bottled water are all included, you'd also stop at the Hoover Dam for a bit, and maybe even a stop at the famous Route 66 town of Seligman as well. The tour will take about 13-14 hours to do, so leave your day wide open for the tour. I've taken this tour back in 2009, and I believed that this was the best big bus tour I've taken to the Grand Canyon from Vegas. I've visited the South Rim from Vegas 4 times so far, and Grand Canyon West twice. South Rim is much better to visit .

Hope that helps a bit....

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand canyon tours need help!!

It's also worth noting that the "Grand Canyon Express Tour of the West Rim - The Comedy deck tours" talks about the Skywalk as being "optional". I interpret that to mean extra charge. Perhaps someone knows the cost -- I vaguely recall it to be $25 or $30, but could be wrong.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand canyon tours need help!!

Skywalk by itself is $35,I believe, according to the official GC West website. Pretty much most of the GC West tours heading there from Vegas will not include the Skywalk admission price as part of the tour's total price.

london
Level Contributor
264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand canyon tours need help!!

Hi There,

My husband and I have done two Grand Canyon Tours. One was with Papilon and I believe it was called Grand Celebration Tour- it was a helicopter tour which flew over the hoover dam and canyon and then landed in the canyon where you then get a while to wander around, take photos, and a picnic. This trip was pretty expensive, I can't remember the exact price.

Then last year we did the comedy on deck tour that you mentioned. I recommend thish HIGHLY. It is FANTASTIC value for money. The guide we had was lovely and really knowledgable. You stop off on route for a great breakfast, the coach is comfortable and they play films, and the view we had at the canyon was better than the previous trip in my opinion and we got much better pictures from this trip and were able to walk the skywalk. For the price we paid, I think it was a Groupon and similar price to what you have mentioned, it was well worth it. There was also a photo stop at the Hoover Dam on the way back. I'd go for this if I were you - you will not be disappointed I promise!

Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand canyon tours need help!!

awesome mate thanks for the info

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand canyon tours need help!!

I suggest the one in groupon.. We did that the other day and it's really nice.. even though it's only in west rim

Grand Canyon Express Tour of the West Rim - The Comedy deck tours (Groupon) $79.00 each

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand canyon tours need help!!

I'm liking the sound of this west rim groupon tour as well. Is there plenty of opportunity to take beautiful photos at the west rim on this tour?

I have heard on 1 of the GC tours the locals set up a little market is this the west or south rim?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand canyon tours need help!!

I've taken a lot of these but not that exact one.

The best 2 were the either VERY expensive or Free!

(drove there for free myself because I had a rent-a-car & a $1500 deluxe Helicopter tour, & for the price of those 2 tickets you could rent a convertible sports car & explore on your own in high style for a day or 2)

I concur with those advising West Rim. particularly if destination is in the Havasupai or Hualapai Indian Reservations & if you will be getting out of the bus, they are far less restrictive as to what you can do or where you can go.

I sat on the Hualapai canyon edge and dangled my feet over the 2 mile drop, eagles flying below my feet. The National Park and other State Parks would hardly let you to get that close.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand canyon tours need help!!

"...particularly if destination is in the Havasupai or Hualapai Indian Reservations..."

The Havasupai Indian Reservation has nothing to do with the area known as the West Rim, and there are no bus tours there! It's an entirely different type of destination. See the Supai forum for details.