We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shooting range on/close to strip

Level Contributor
72 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Shooting range on/close to strip

Hi all, I'm looking for a shooting range on or very close to the strip - first time shooting, have looked at battlefield Las Vegas and strip gun club Las Vegas - has anyone been to them and have any recommendations? I'm booking it as a surprise for my boyfriend who really wants to do it and I have no idea which is best. For the wrong (i.e.selfish!) reasons I'm preferring shot gun club as it's near the stratosphere so we could do the rides at the top after he's shot things!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shooting range on/close to strip

we travel to Vegas next week and i am planning of trying discount firearms

discountfirearmsusa.com/products/about-the-e…

they offer free pick up drop off and the prices seem a lot better then the more well known and much more busy gun range

a lot of good reviews

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
101 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shooting range on/close to strip

Battlefield: Vegas looks fantastic, very professional and very highly rated. That's definitely where I'm going.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shooting range on/close to strip

Battlefield: Las Vegas is the only one I've been to and I was impressed with the facility and the staff. Would recommend and go again.

4. Re: Shooting range on/close to strip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 22:17
Level Contributor
72 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shooting range on/close to strip

Thanks guys, I really wanted one walking distance to the strip so will go with Battlefield or Strip gun.

Jo and DAVE - which packages did/have you gone for at Battlefield? The choice was a little overwhelming! Budget around $150

Thanks

6. Re: Shooting range on/close to strip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 22:18
Level Contributor
72 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shooting range on/close to strip

I don't fancy shooting guns either, hence why I'm a little lost on the subject! Happy to watch the other half though seen as he's agreed to see the Lion King for me haha!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shooting range on/close to strip

Zoe, we had, of all things, a Groupon! Two people, two (long) guns, 2 mags for each gun. I think the whole package was $150. When we got there they were a little backed up and we had to wait, so they gave us an extra mag for each gun.

Not sure what if anything you've fired before, but a few mags with two different full auto long guns should be more than sufficient...

EDIT: You're not planning to see the Lion King in Las Vegas, I hope....

Edited: 01 July 2013, 22:12
Level Contributor
72 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shooting range on/close to strip

Thats helpful, thank you. As far as I'm aware he's not shot anything before except a pellet gun haha! The Battlefiled packages all seemed to be themed around wars and video games, maybe I'll email them to see which they recommend for a beginner.

I saw the expired Groupon offers, shame there are none right now!

And no Lion King is on Broadway, NY on route back to the UK :)

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shooting range on/close to strip

We have gone shooting at The Gun Store and loved it. We took a cab ride there and back, not too far off the strip. http://thegunstorelasvegas.com/

Our next trip we plan to try Machine Guns Vegas http://machinegunsvegas.com/ as you can book a reservation and they will pick you up and drop you off anywhere on the strip and also avoid any waiting times.