We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

packing a suitcase

Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
packing a suitcase

Does anyone else pack everything, even the kitchen sink if you could into their suitcase?every holiday we go on I pack too much just incase.Im like Well I love this dress so i'll take this but I have to take these colour shoes to go with it and so on.I proberly only wear 10% of what I've packed anyway.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
4,999 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
347 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
London, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: packing a suitcase

I lay everything out on the bed i want to take, then I decide on 3 pairs of shoes (flip flops, boots & evening shoes) then I get match outfits to shoes. I pretty much know what we're going in Vegas so I pack accordingly with 2 extra outfits. Plus I figure Vegas has shops ill buy it if I need it.

Last year I went to Vegas for UK for 7 night with 12kg hold luggage including my wedding dress, I guess I pack light & I didn't buy anything while we were there

HTH

PL

Great Western...
Level Contributor
28 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: packing a suitcase

Oh yeah this is sooo me!! I even take a carry on full of shoes because I cant bear to be with out options.. then I regret packing so much when I cant fit all my shopping in on the way home!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: packing a suitcase

Not me... I usually only have the pair of shoes I'm wearing and one other and travel with a carry on sized bag.

Mind you we also have to buy another suitcase to come home cos everything is so much cheaper there than we can get at home.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: packing a suitcase

The dreaded shoe issue. Unless time is tight, my wife will always prefer that we drive to Vegas rather than fly. That way the number of shoes she can take is virtually unlimited. And most of them don't get close to her feet!

Ok, I'm exaggerating a little here but you know how it is with women and shoes..... :-)

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,685 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: packing a suitcase

Pack everything you want to take into 2 suitcases and simply leave one at home - you'll be surprised by how little you actually need on vacation.

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
453 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: packing a suitcase

Over the years, I have learned to pack less and take more money!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: packing a suitcase

Less is more!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: packing a suitcase

I didn't know you can't get clothes or shoes anywhere in Vegas?? I could have sworn that I saw a store somewhere?!?

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: packing a suitcase

PLTAG Motto #1 -- Life is too short to pack lightly!

PLTAG Motto #2 -- If you bring everything ..... you won't forget anything!

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: packing a suitcase

I pack as little as possible. If there is something that I need that I can't do without, I buy it there.

I actually make a point of leaving plenty of space in my luggage so that I can buy some nice things in Vegas and I'll have enough room to bring the new loot home.

Of course, I'm the rare man that actually really likes shopping in Vegas. The variety of stores there is excellent. A good portion of my wardrobe was purchased in Vegas.

Edited: 03 July 2013, 14:58