We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golden nugget pool tips

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
golden nugget pool tips

Hi all,

So we have decided to take our kids to the Golden Nugget for one night. They are super excited about the shark tank. I have read that it is crawling with kids most of the time.

Does anyone have any tips to make the pool time easier? What are the best times to visit? Thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: golden nugget pool tips

"What are the best times to visit?" Sometime between 10:00 am and 8:00 pm. That's when they are open.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
14,867 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: golden nugget pool tips

Pookie, where are you? This is right down your alley.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golden nugget pool tips

As with all Vegas pools it is best to arrive early. But I have arrived at the pool at 2:00 and had no issues getting chairs. Of course as it gets later the slide line gets long.

We like to go to the far left when you enter and grab the couch set in the back. I also never buy their food or drink any more. Really costly and they never check bags for food/ drink. Have fun.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golden nugget pool tips

Arrive early or 'later' for the best spots, but never had an issue getting a chair at the Nugget Pool.

I am nearly 30 and had a blast on the water slide and swimming around the shark tank - it is a really fun pool.

The GN pool closes if there are high winds or weather warnings. Keep an eye on the local weather and plan your pool days accordingly.

Ohio
Level Contributor
702 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: golden nugget pool tips

Anyone else find it a little ironic that the poster is bringing her kids but wants to know how to avoid all other kids??

BTW I wouldn't worry about there being too many kids. I go there often and it's never been a problem.

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: golden nugget pool tips

Irony at its best! Thanks for the tips! get there between 10 and 8. ha

will do ;)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: golden nugget pool tips

Make the kids take the stairs to the waterslide.

Columbus
Level Contributor
165 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: golden nugget pool tips

I was there last July and it was near impossible to find a lounge chair. Even though the pool didn't open until 10 (I think) and so they weren't handing out towels yet, people would come down far earlier and leave stuff on chairs to claim them. I wasn't even looking for two chairs together! Normally I'd suggest reserving a chair at the Hideout (adult pool) but that doesn't help you very much, since you've got kids! So, just go down early and try to snag chairs. The line for the slide does get long but it moves relatively quickly, so I'm sure the kids will enjoy that.

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: golden nugget pool tips

If you are going at night, you might luck out and snag a cabana for half price at the show desk. They sometimes unload the unused ones starting in early afternoon. This would make the whole experience there much, much better.

but yes, it will be crawling with kids during summer months. Since the GN pool is very important to us, we avoid going to Vegas during the Summer months.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: golden nugget pool tips

e also find the GN pool awash with children during summer school vacations- and often the children seem to be running about the pool area and in the lobby pretty much unsupervised by parents who are sunbathing or gambling. It's definitely more of an issue when school is out. The inexpensive rooms ( comparatively at least) and pool slide attraction seems to attract hordes of families many with multiple kids who are seen pulling coolers through the lobby. They likely spend little or no money in the hotel itself so it can be a cheap vacation for the families. We too just don't try to use the pool there in the summer- it is impossibly crowded and really pretty chaotic generally. It's a whole different atmosphere when school is in session.