We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping the housekeeping staff

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping the housekeeping staff

I was wondering what you folks tip housekeeping staff on an average trip. I'd been doing $3 a night, more if they really go out of their way to make it a nice stay. What do you think?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping the housekeeping staff

You should be fine Justin.

I leave about $10 at the end of my stay, but I do not use room service every day (3-4 nights).

I tip for new towels during my stay (I bring my old ones out for housekeeping) and for special requests.

I don't want housekeeping in my room during my stay. I just picture them digging through my things.

I know most of them are honest, but I don't want to come accross that one that is dishonest and lose my watch that I forgot to put on or lose that $ I forgot to put away.

I know it is a bit of paranoia, but it happens, and I'd rather not have it happen to me :)

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping the housekeeping staff

I tip daily because I feel that the staff could vary from day to day. I have always have had good service by tipping dailiy.

vancouver
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping the housekeeping staff

We pretty well keep our room as the way I keep my bedroom at home.... keep it super tidy and clean - we tip 3 - 5 a day depending on what we are requiring... i never wait until the end of our stay to tip as the housekeepers change and I want to make sure we tip accordingly to who services our room ! I don't stress about it....

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping the housekeeping staff

We leave $5 daily for a normal room, morning and night if service is twice daily. A little more when we have a suite.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tipping the housekeeping staff

This is the most recent of many threads on this subject. Try a forum search if you want to read some of the older ones.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k661794…

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tipping the housekeeping staff

We left $5 a day for housekeeping when we stayed at Vdara, service was great and room was always spotless.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
673 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tipping the housekeeping staff

That's normal. I usually tip between $3 and $5 per day.

swansea
Level Contributor
763 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tipping the housekeeping staff

Ice been tipping 2, better up my game

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tipping the housekeeping staff

$5 per night is what we normally leave. but we don't have it serviced everyday.

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tipping the housekeeping staff

Probably silly question.But where do you leave the money for house keeping just on the bed.