We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

Going to Vegas week of Sept. 22nd. We have 5 nights comped for a Go-Room at Flamingo. I started to play My Vegas on FB and now have enough points for 2 nights comped at Monte Carlo. My question is has anyone used My Vegas points at the MC? Do you know if they include the resort fees? Not sure if we want to change hotels during midweek but MC pool area looks great.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
vancouver
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

Does not include resort fee. Says so right in the terms.

Loved the MC.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 16:56
Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
541 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

When they changed things up in May, that was one of the changes. So unless you purchased the reward before then, yes, you are responsible for resort fees on MyVegas rooms. That said, I've read about people not being charged but I wouldn't count on that.

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

Monte Carlo told me (I have a comped nite from MyVegas too) that I would NOT have to pay the resort fees. But, I'm going with the thinking that I'll probably have to!

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

Hi

We stayed in May (but did book earlier) and had nothing to pay. I would check the T's& C's carefully before making any commitment. When you phone to make the reservation is the time to double check.

C

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

I stayed at Monte Carlo for two nights and the Mirage for one night. I redeemed myVegas points way after the change and was not charged resort fees. I love MyVegas!

MADISON
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

Dancemom is correct; if you redeemed for the room(s) prior to the changes in terms in May the resort fee is included - after that you are resposible for the resort fee. Just click on that specific reward and look at the terms (you will need to click next) and it will tell you ;) Have fun!

Winslow, Arizona
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

i know i looked a couple days ago and monte carlo does not say you are responsible for the resort fee...now, back in june when I booked 2 nights with myvegas bonus weekend comp (travel partner and I each redeeming for one night) the resort fee wasn't included. My trip is in December so I guess I will find out then :)

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,530 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

I'd choose some food or show comps since u already have free rooms!!

Menifee CA
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

Just booked MC on Thursday. The reservation agent said we were not being charged resort fees or tax.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monte Carlo using My Vegas points

I used some LP for one night at MGM. I asked the CS agent 3 times if I have to pay the RF. she said NO. Ill find out in about 40 days