We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Widnes, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Expedia

Has anyone booked a vacation to Las Vegas with Expedia? My partner and I have found a great deal, saving over $450 for the two of us staying at the Mirage, MGM or Aria. They all work out similar prices. There is no mention of whether the hotels are refundable or not.

Does anyone have any experience of booking a vacation with Expedia and having to cancel/amend anything? This is just in case, sensible thinking!

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia

I have not used Expedia for LV but we do always use a third-party site (usually Travelocity has better prices). We did use Expedia for our trip to San Francisco last year and had no problems.

We use a third-party site for all of our trips and never had a problem. On our honeymoon, they closed the Club level where we had booked our room and Travelocity called and informed us and then we called the hotel directly and got an upgraded room and resort credit directly through the hotel. Never had a problem on any trip and we've taken several.

Normally however when you book through a third-party, the trip is completely non-refundable so you definitely need to check the fine print.

Edited: 10 July 2013, 16:40
Iowa
Level Contributor
9,891 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia

The cancel policy is there. You need to find it and read it. The hotel portion will probably be refundable but the airfare, most likely, will not be. Booking hotels only on Expedia allows you to cancel but I am not sure how it works when you do a package.

Expedia is a reputable company.

Chi Town
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia

Ok...here I go, I booked my first ever trip the LV with Expedia. I have been there 17 more times in the past 4 years since then and never used Expedia again. We were booked to stay at the PALMS specifically to see Holly Madison that day - my GF wanted to -whatever- anyways, we got there and the front desk people spent 40 minutes looking for our reservation- Expedia had never sent them the paperwork. PALMS refused to honor it and we had nowhere to stay, and YES they charge you upfront. So expedia had my money and PALMS would not let us stay so we were stuck in LV with no reservation. My GF broke down crying. The hotel called Expedia and Expedia told them there was nothing they could do and that they would only speak to us. The PLAMS rep handed me the phone and no jok - seriously- said and I quote " Move out of the way there are other who actually have reservations" I am a very convincing person let's say- I called Expedia nd was on the line for 1 hour. Finally, after being passed around they said ok we will tall them that we will cover it, we just lost it somewhere in our system. the PALMS manager was having none of it and gave me the hardest time ever in life while my GF was in tears. Finally, he gave in and gave us a crappy room. Upon returning home I called the BBB and filed multi page complaints on PALMS and EXPEDIA. Expedia after send them lega paperwork from my attorney gave us a 250 dollar voucher for our next trip. PALMS- well 2 months later the General manager gave us a call. He put us up in the room next to the Hefner suite for NEW YEAR's EVE weekend- comped. The next day at my GF's request he personally took us on a tour of the Hefner suites and he himself took pics of us in there. Guess I call that even. Me, I will never ever ever ever use a 3rd party site to book. Here's a tip. Use Expedia, or whatever booking site, as A RESEARCH TOOL, WRITE DOWN THE FIGHT #'S AND HOTELS THAT HAVE THE DEAL PACKAGE. Book the fight directly- get the miles. Look at all the hotel deal around- in Vegas it is vital to straight book with the hotel tio get upgrades- the will cold should you on upgrades from 3rd party sites- and if you stay loyal the comps outweigh the little bit Expedia will ever save you. Any more ?'s just ask. I booked 18 trips to LV and did all the leg work months in advance.

uk
Level Contributor
81 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expedia

I've booked lots and lots of packages with Expedia and never had any problems. They always seem to come in cheapest for me. I've cancelled hotel-only deals before but never packages.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expedia

We've only had excellent experiences with Expedia. We use them for our vacations and hubby for his business travels when they are the cheapest.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Expedia

Booked several times with expedia- Post#2 is correct.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
281 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Expedia

I always book with Expedia and have never had a problem, we have also got upgrades and not booking directly with the hotel doesn't mean you won't get an upgrade

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Expedia

We've booked the last two times with Expedia. No problems. As for as airlines miles go, Expedia when you book, ask for you milage number with that airline. Got free miles last year with USAirways and free miles this year with AA. Our dates are always set for a convention so we really don't care too much what the cancel policy is. Last year, Expedia emailed me that our flight had changed and we had a 4 hour layover in Phoenix. I called USAirways directly with my confirmation number and they changed it for me free.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Expedia

I've booked with Expedia plenty of times. Only once have I had a problem. I booked a one night stay in Niagara Falls for a holiday weekend. When I arrived at the hotel, I was told that Expedia had oversold the rooms and that a room was available for me at a comparable hotel. When I got to this "comparable hotel" I was completely disgusted and couldn't even bare to spend the night. Long story short, I called up Expedia and after about half an hour I was given a refund.

There was also another time I had booked a hotel & flight package and wanted to change my flight to an earlier time. I called Expedia and they made the change free of charge. IMO they do try to rectify any issues.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
24,425 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Expedia

Actually I booked my vacation to Vegas in December by using Expedia. I got suckered into staying into the LVH as well.