We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Topic
how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

Is fine dining always, or near always, at the top of your list, while in Vegas, other than gambling, drinking, shows, etc.?

It seems there are many foodies on TA, I won't apologize for not being one...lol! In looking at the menu for Noodles (Bellagio), one of the food choices, read sesame roll and underneath it, it said Lotus Paste, I didn't know my DH was standing behind me reading the menu, as he said any place I pick is fine, so he says, "Oh Yum Lotus Paste make a reservation babe" I said "really"! He said WTH is Lotus Paste? He said I don't mind having a nice dinner on our trip, I would love to take you to a beautiful place, but I'm not going to pay $250-$300 for the two of us, all the while feeling like I'm eating/tasting sh**! We loved Prime (Bellagio) and maybe thought of a different place or perhaps just skip the fine dining, all together on this up coming trip.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

Yes. For us, one nice meal is always on our itinerary as well as Sunday brunch. Food and trying celebrity restaurants is part of why we go to Vegas. So far we have done Mesa Grill, Gordon Ramsey Steak, Delmonico, Fleur and brunch at Verandah and Country Club.

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

I like having at least one really nice meal, whether it is a steakhouse, one of my favorite Italian places, French, seafood, etc. I also like the mid-level places, perhaps tapas, sushi, or something like Noodles. I'm semi-adventurous as a diner, but I'm not the type who will eat anything no matter how distasteful sounding or looking. "Lotus paste" wouldn't really scare me off. Offal does.

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,283 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

Could be worse...... like locust paste.

Simpsonville...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

Fine dining is a top thing for us. My husband and I are want to be foodies. We just got back and we did Carnevino, Nobu and Hugo Cellar (wanted something downtown for the night we went down there). We spent more on food then we ever had on a trip and I would do it all over again. But we are also pretty adventurous with food. In fact, when we ate at Nobu we didn't even order - just told our waiter what we were willing to spend per person and let him pick out our dishes. It was the best dining experience I've ever had!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

Fine dining has absolutely no meaning to me.

florida
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

" Fine Dining' to me is not important at all.

I'm basically a meat and potatoes person, although it has to be a very good piece of meat or steak for me to enjoy it (and the quality of the steak and/or the aging process is more important than the restaurant you eat it at.

But any decent restaurant can season and cook a good cut of beef or prime meat correctly (I know I can)

The only high end steak house I have ever wanted to visit was Peter Luger's in NY city.

Now the wife likes fine dining restaurants as she has a more varied and refined palate than I do

Edited: 16 July 2013, 23:06
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

I love fine dining in Vegas.

I am not super adventurous either, but manage to find something on the menu no matter where we go.

For special meals, I prefer to go where I know there will be many things I like!

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,637 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

I make it a point to hit at least one nice restaurant that we do not have in Phoenix each time I'm in Vegas.

It usually ends up being Milo's or The Palm.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

All of my trips revolve around fine dining, no matter what city. If I had to eat fast food and at chain restaurants I wouldn't bother going, I'd be miserable eating cheap when so many great restaurants were nearby. . But that's my hobby/passion. Others feel differently, have other interests, and that's fine by me. I'm just glad my husband enjoys the same things that I enjoy, makes for a much better time. :)

Westampton, New...
Level Contributor
709 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how important is fine dining on a vegas trip?

We like to have a nice dinner but we are far from "fine dining" people. My husband is a big eater and nothing annoys him more than going to an expensive meal and leaving hungry.