We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you convince us to go again?

4 posts
Save Topic
Can you convince us to go again?

My girlfriend and I went on our first trip to Vegas in May 2012. We miss the place and we want to go back this October, we've always said we wouldn't go to the same place twice so soon, but Vegas has changed us.

We are trying to convince ourselves it's worth spending over $1,500 (from the UK) to go again so soon.

- What's new since May last year?

- What's different about going in May to October? (I believe it should still be hot enough for the pools).

- Can Vegas be a place to relax? 90% of the time during the day we are happy to just chill by the pool with a drink. Is this possible?

Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,665 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you convince us to go again?

Up to you, nothing, not much, yes.

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you convince us to go again?

Sounds more like you're trying to talk yourself out of it. ;)

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you convince us to go again?

Vegas is what YOU make it. It can be relaxing if you prefer to sit back and chill or it can be an awesome frenzy of an all-nighter at the craps table. You choose. :)

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you convince us to go again?

We went twice in six months and had to stop ourselves from going again 3 months later. Nothing had changed, we just enjoy it. We are happy to go and just spend the day at the pool and then go out to dinner and a show at night.

However, for us, it's a quick flight and we can just go for a long weekend. I understand that coming from the UK, it's probably a lot harder than it is for us. But it's your vacation and your money, do what ever you want and don't apologize for it.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you convince us to go again?

May and October are the best months in my opinion. Not too hot,usually. Oct. can still be pool weather. When I saw your heading I thought, well if you need to be convinced to go back then you should not go. However, I see that you want to go back and need to justify it. Vegas is anything and everything you want to make of it. Can be relaxing or total chaos of activity. You have my permission to GO! LOL! let us know what you decide and why. Okay?

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you convince us to go again?

It depends what part of October you plan on going. Generally early October is ok, but by the end of the month it's a little chilly for pool weather. Temps can be anywhere from the high 60's to the 90's, so there's no guarantee like May would be.

Many, many people just sit around and relax during the day and then go gamble or to dinner or shows at night. It's up to you. Personally, I've been there 5 times and still haven't seen everything I want to check out, so I don't spend much time lounging by a pool. I'd rather explore, but you're paying for the trip so do whatever you'd like.

There are countless renovations going on and updates all over the strip so it's hard to pinpoint any one thing that changed from last May.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
9,253 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you convince us to go again?

Sounds like you are convinced "We miss the place and we want to go back this October"

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
344 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you convince us to go again?

Being a heavy Vegas addict I will jump on every opportunity to visit even if nothing is different. But for the sake of your question, check out the link below :

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2013/1/2/193358/6577/vegas-travel/The+10+Game-Changing+Openings+Of+2013

Some has happened on time, some may not, and there is actually a lot of other new stuff that's going on.

Stop fighting, be addicted, Vegas IS that good :-)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you convince us to go again?

Doooo it.

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you convince us to go again?

Thanks for your replies!