We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

I have never visited a spa in my life, and have heard about how good they are in Las vegas esp Qua. I am not wanting to do any treatments, I just wish to visit for a couple hours to relax in the spa pools, steam room and have a light refreshment and such. I will be staying in the Venetian, Cost wise I don't want anything too pricey unless its going to be amazing, no more than $40/45 say.

My mother will be dragged along with me so I don't want her to be forking out on a huge amount as she isn't really one for spas etc. I could go myself but prefer the company and to do something nice together that we both have never done before.

Can anyone recommend a good day spa that will be relaxing to go to ,to pass a weekday morning in.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

I believe a Qua day pass is $45. Canyon Ranch is another nice spa which is at the Venetian where you are staying.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
727 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

The Sahra Spa at the Cosmopolitan is really great! I don't have any comparisons to it locally, but have been to other spas at resorts in Scottsdale, AZ; Palm Beach, FL; and the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. Sahra was smaller, but had a wonderful tub room, sauna, a steam room and a cool mist room. I did take advantage of services there including a massage and facial (a great facial!). I wanted to try to try the hammam experience, but opted to book multiple treatments instead.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,085 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

I'd stick with Canyon Ranch right in your hotel. Also appears you might get some type of discount being a hotel guest.

canyonranch.com/lasvegas/…day-passport

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,089 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

I find Canyon Ranch to actually be a bit of a zoo. It's so big, that there are just always so many people milling about, that I found it far from relaxing.

Qua is okay, but in my one visit, I found it not well kept. The spa was fairly quiet while I was there, but had obviously been busy. As a result, there were wet and dirty towels everywhere, water bottles were lacking, and the whole place looked like a mob had just left. Meanwhile, several attendants were just sitting at the counter chatting.

My personal favorite is the spa at Encore. Beautiful, relaxing and perfectly maintained! Totally worth the $40. Better yet, splurge and get a massage or facial and use the facilities too!

Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

Canyon Ranch Spa is amazing. Hot tub, steam, sauna, aroma therapy room and much more. Try the salt grotto. Heated benches a soothing fountain and salt air mist. It's very relaxing. I recommend a shiatsu massage or canyon ranch massage. Ask for Lisa K or Thao, both are great therapists. I have been seeing them for 3 years and they provide a great massage. Book in advance if you can as they are two of the busiest therapists. Also join Grazie the players club at your hotel, you will get a 5% discount at the spa.

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

I do like the idea of not having to go too far from my hotel, the Canyon Ranch sounds good and so does Encore since its not too far from me, Does the Canyon Ranch have tea and juices?

Thanks to all to have replied.

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

Forget my beverage question the link that Irishfan sent clarified all that, thanks Irishfan wonderful help!

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
541 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

I also love Canyon Ranch, and agree with Eileen, join Grazie and get 5% off, and be sure to charge to your room, to acrue Grazie points! If you pay the optional Resort fee at the V/P which I think was $25/day with taxes (not sure I have stayed at Palazzo Prestige for the last several years, where the spa entry is free), you will get free entry into Canyon Ranch.

Are you a member of Costco? They offer spa finder certificates, $80 for $100 worth of services. I used one of these in May, so double check if Canyon Ranch spa is still accepting them!

Edited: 22 July 2013, 16:00
Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

I will say that I got a day pass to Encore's spa ($40) and it was HEAVEN. Here are the amenities from my TR:

For $40, the amenities you can use are: lounge with TV, water, tea and fruit in the check-in area, larger, quiet "tranquility lounge," steam room, sauna, whirlpool, cold plunge, and heated stone chairs in the whirlpool area (which I fell asleep on). They also have water and iced towels with cucumber.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recent Spa recommendations for day use.

Although I've never used the facilities; only got a brow arch and pedicure, I heard that Aria's spa is heavenly. I think it's $35 per day and might be $5 - 10 more for non guests. I suggest if you want any information on spas, that you send a pm to Shrink girl - I consider her an expert in this area (not saying don't take the advice from the other posters).

I hope you and your mom have a great, relaxing time wherever you go. I would love to do a spa day with my mom but she's deceased.