We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice advice please

Worksop England
Level Contributor
55 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel choice advice please

Hi

My wife and I will be visiting Vegas in Mid April 2014. We are looking for a centrally located hotel, must have good pools/areas for sun bathing (I assume in Mid April we will be able to sun-bathe) modern or if not modern the rooms must be high standard. We will be 50 (but young outlook) so not looking for rowdy place, although we want to gamble, go to shows, nice restaurants etc

I suppose as its our first trip to Vegas we are looking for the "Vegas experience" with lots to do and see.

I suppose our budget is up to around 250 dollars a night

I hope you guys can help

Thanks in advance

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choice advice please

As long as you don't hit the ACM Awards, you won't have to spend anywhere near that amount, with the exception of Fri/Sat nights.

I would recommend you take a look at Aria. It seems to meet all your requirements.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choice advice please

Whilst your budget will be ok for midweeks you should note that room rates on Fri/Sat nights can be 2 or 3 x midweek rates so plan your dates carefully.

You stand a good chance of pool weather in April and I'll start the hotel suggestions with Aria or Cosmopolitan as 2 of the newest hotels in a central location as part of the City Center development. The best pool could be either Mandalay Bay but location is not ideal or MGM but size might be a downside.

New York
Level Contributor
713 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choice advice please

Since its your first time in Vegas I would recommend you staying mid strip - I recommend the Aria, Cosmopolitan or Mandarin Oriental

Check out Vegas.com and smartvegas.com for deals

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,845 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choice advice please

http://www.smartervegas.com/

The above link will provide very useful information. It is widely used by visitors to Vegas. Click on hotel and find current prices and future prices with calendars provided.

Based upon the information that you submitted, I would suggest Venetian, Wynn or Bellagio. Palazzo is connected to Venetian and Encore is connected to Wynn. Cosmopolitan is appealing, for the most part, to a young crowd. Girls wearing heels and barely cover mini skirts. Not a bad thing, but not the vibe you seem to be looking for.

The weather in mid April is hard to figure. It SHOULD be fairly warm, but I have experienced some chilly weather as well. Chilly meaning a light weight jacket or sweater may be needed.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 17:54
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
136 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choice advice please

Based on info you provided, I'd go with Aria or Bellagio. Bellagio is a bit more centrally located and provides easier access to the strip.

6. Re: Hotel choice advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:18