We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAS Airport to MGM

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elmhurst...
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
LAS Airport to MGM

Looking for suggestions on transportation to MGM from LAS. I'm seeing a lot of trouble with the shuttles being full and waiting a long time or being one of the last to be dropped off. I'm fine with paying a town car to do the transfer but the mgm is so close to the airport it is really worth to pay the extra money. Taxi rate is about $15, right?

We are flying in on Saturday August 31 (Labor day weekend) arriving at 7pm. (2 of us). We have done the limo thing before. Also any company suggestions? Thank you

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,367 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAS Airport to MGM

We

That's where I stop reading. If we means more than one person it is cheaper to take a cab than a shuttle to MGM. Figure about $12, and a lot more convenient.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,804 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAS Airport to MGM

A shuttle will be $7 per person - you might wait for it to fill up and drop off sequence will be at the drivers discretion subject to where others are staying.

A cab should be around $15 to $20 depending on traffic + tip.

A one way limo will be around $60 + tip.

The cab is the most sensible option unless you also want to go via the Welcome sign or a liquor store in which case go for the limo - Presidential Limo is often recommended.

http://www.presidentiallimolv.com/

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAS Airport to MGM

Two of you. That means it would be best to take a taxi and as you say it is $15, the same as the shuttle ($7.50 each). I think Limos charge by the hour (say $65) so many people go to the Las Vegas sign and sightsee down the strip first. Presidential are highly recommended.

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LAS Airport to MGM

Taxi. "No tunnel please"

Only way.

Elmhurst...
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LAS Airport to MGM

Thank you. We actually ended up booking a car as we plan on renting one for 24 hours anyway. From Saturday to Tuesday 2.5 days. It was $93.00 for intermediate. Renting for one day was $45 plus the cost of the the TAXIS $30. I figure spend the extra $20 and we could be more flexible with the car.

Thank you for the input for next time!

New York
Level Contributor
711 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LAS Airport to MGM

I think you will be fine with the shuttle being closer to the beginning of the strip at MGM you will be one of the first dropped off

Dewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LAS Airport to MGM

We land on the 31st August too about 6.45pm :-)

8. Re: LAS Airport to MGM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:20