We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

Was wondering if anybody who has done this route recently can confirm the inflight entertainment situation (no of channels) and also the inflight meal situation (how many and when).

Not expecting the best in the world but was just wondering what to prepare for. Poor inflight = DS and tablet, poor meals = sandwiches to be purchased at the airport and plenty of sweets.

Thanks

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

Not used but if you input your aircraft type on this link you should get the in flight entertainment guide.

www.formstack.com/forms/?1418911-GtxHwoThCY

2. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 July 2013, 16:05
UK
Level Contributor
440 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

June, meal was fine, chicken or beef, bread roll, cheese biscuits, little tub cheesecake, tea/coffee. Couple of films and some tv shows on assorted channels.

England
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

Arm yourself with an IPad loaded with your favourite films and music. Combine with noise-reduction headphones. Buy a couple of sarnies and drinks before you go.

Sorted, regardless of who you fly with!!

Leeds
Level Contributor
100 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

I went with them last year - Id prepare well. Don't pay for the Meal in advance, I'm fairly certain you'd get one anyway

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

We are on this flight in a couple of weeks and are slightly concerned about the comfort and entertainment also, having used Virgin Airlines the last few times. We chose Thomas Cook due to the fact at the time of booking they were cheaper by a considerable amount. Hope its not the case but there is a saying of " why was it cheap ? - Cos its no bloody good!!! "

Manchester
Level Contributor
207 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

Our friends who met us in Vegas traveled with TC direct from Manchester early June 2013.

Flight was an hour late, in flight entertainment was fine and worked unlike ours on the Virgin flight the week before.

The food was fine as was the seating and legroom. Their only complaint was the amount of dinner gongs on the flight who had very little consideration for the others flying.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

Thanks for the info. We also looked at flying Virgin but a £500+ price difference didnt warrant us going with them (and we've done numerous TC flights to Europe and all were fine). Tablet will be stocked with films and books for on the flight (and OH will have her stash of mags to read as well) but the battery wont last for the full flight (and I aint wasting a few hundred quid to buy an ipad! lol).

Are the films on a loop ? and I assume TV will be on a different channel? It would be good if they had been "on demand" but we're not expecting that.

As for "additional food supplies" what are the meals on the flight (only having them as they were "included" in the significantly cheaper flight option). Is it one main meal and one snack or two meals one snack, one meal, two snacks? After all, it is a long flight.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
22 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

We flew with T.C. in may from manchester to L.V. and were apprehensive as people slated the service but we were suprised and happy with the flight...the flight there even got in an hour earlier than planned.

Seats are a bit cramped but don't really bother you unless your that picky.

Entertainment was good...films are on a loop but there is an interval of waiting for all other films and tv programmes to finish before they will replay which was annoying. But when we flew in may we had films like warm bodies, oz the great and powerful and an arnie film on (which the OH enjoyed) so we weren't complaning. Also had shows like the big bang theory with the most recent ep in the uk to be shown, which was enjoyable. Overall there were about 4 films, 5 tv shows/documentary and a music channel on at any time.

Food was good and worth paying for, it is one hot meal (served about 2 and a half hrs into flight) with dessert and cheese and crackers and a cold snack which was sandwiches. But they were really nice and filled hunger pangs.

For the price you can't complain and I would happily fly with TC to vegas or anywhere in the US again.

chesterfeild
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook - Manchester to Vegas (September) - Inflight

im flying with them in august and im a vegetarian

i always end up hungry so i take lots of sandwiches snacks sweets etc

i d begrude paying for drinks they should be free