We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas to LA

Preston
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas to LA

I'm staying for four nights in Vegas and to makes things cheaper my travel agent didn't book me a hotel for the day we planned to leave Vegas on Wednesday 18th of September and told me to get a Motel on the way to LA.

Looking at the route its only a short drive and unfamiliar what is on this route.

Now my question is:

1) Do I stay in Vegas for another night (We are already here from Saturday to Wednesday so have 4 nights anyway)

2) Stop off somewhere on the way to LA

3) Spend an extra night in LA (Currently booked in The Andaz from Thursday 19th September to Sunday 22nd September)

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,837 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas to LA

It's a fairly easy drive from Las Vegas to LA, around 270 miles or 4 hours driving, and in my opinion there's not much worthwhile stopping for on the direct route.

Whether to stop an extra night in Las Vegas or LA is a matter of personal preference but I'd opt for Las Vegas as it will offer better value for money but I might be biased in that I'm not a lover of LA.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,897 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas to LA

Definitely either stay in Las Vegas or LA as mentioned above no need to stop in between.

I might be biased but I'd much rather have an extra day at the beach than in the desert.

The Andaz I believe is on Sunset in West Hollywood, so for the first day why not stay in Manhattan Beach or Santa Monica on the beach?

Preston
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas to LA

Thanks for the help :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas to LA

I usually figure the drive at 4.5 hours, not 4, but let's not quibble!

I rarely stop for the night in between Vegas and L.A. I recall a couple of times when I got so little sleep in Vegas over the weekend and was so exhausted that I felt it was dangerous for me to be driving, so I stopped and got a motel room for a few hours sleep. But that was not planned!

You could make a detour on the drive to L.A. and "do" Death Valley, and spend the night at Furnace Creek. Otherwise, I'd say to spend that extra night in either Vegas or L.A.

London, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas to LA

Both great cities to visit. You have 4 nights in Las Vegas and i would add another night in LA. Big city and lots to see and do from the beach to Hollywood.

6. Re: Vegas to LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 01:35
7. Re: Vegas to LA

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 12:12
Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas to LA

Hi

I would go for a night in Death Valley. I think this will add to your overall experience. I have stayed a couple of times at Stove Pipe Wells, right next to the sand dunes, attractive at dusk. You would get the chance to see the Devils golf course, Nabriski Point and Badwater, all things worth seeing.

Clive

9. Re: Vegas to LA

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:17