We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels..

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gretna, Virginia
Level Contributor
315 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels..

Being a first trip to Las Vegas, I have really researched the hotels and best locations on strip..I have taken some advise along with my own and narrowed my search down to Paris, Mirage or Planet Hollywood. From anyone that really knows the hotels, which should I go for? I don't want the "standard hotel room"..I like space, nice bathrooms, comfy bed, kept up/modern and GREAT view..without costing 6-700 for three nights. This is just me and husband, anniversary--I like NICE, gambling isn't the biggest issue..which is the better overall place to choose? Thank you so much to anyone that really knows these places and can give me answers enough to move on with this decision. I appreciate your help..:)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,909 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels..

These are all 3 star hotels, and in most regards Mirage is the best. BUT Mirage has small bathrooms. You have to move up to the next level to get luxury bathrooms. When Bellagio, Venertian, and Mandalay Bay were built the Las Vegas bathroom was elevated from utilitarian to luxury, and there is a big difference.

Of your choices the Pool View (not Strip View) at Mirage is the best.

Unless you upgrade, if you stay at either of these hotels you will end up with a "standard hotel room". On the bright side, the standard hotel room in Vegas is larger and nicer than almost anywhere else.

Gretna, Virginia
Level Contributor
315 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels..

ktinca..so, your choice is Mirage of the three I mentioned, correct? --If I went up to 5 star, where would be your choice, just for knowing.........I just read that Aria is a great one with great views, not sure of location. --THANKS!

vegas
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels..

If you something more than the standard room why are you choosing these 3 middle tier properties? The basic room at all are nothing but the standard room. Are you considering suites? I doubt it in your price range.

Paris & PH are a full step below Mirage in my estimation, so of these 3 Mirage would be my suggestion.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,282 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels..

I would pick Mirage out of those 3 but there are better choices - a lot will depend on your dates, Fri/Sat nights can be 2 or 3 x midweek rates but you should be able to get a decent deal for 3 nights at less than $600 during the week.

Aria is a solid 4 star property and is modern and chic and certainly above your other 3 choices with a good location for exploring further along the trip. Check smartervegas for promos for your dates.

http://www.smartervegas.com/hotels.aspx

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,393 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels..

It is really going to depend on your exact dates. For the criteria you've listed, I would not recommend any of those hotels.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,549 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels..

Hope, the top-tier properties would include Wynn/Encore, Venetian/Palazzo, Cosmo, Bellagio. For non-gaming properties, Mandarin Oriental and Four Seasons. Plus some sections of other resorts, like the Skylofts at MGM Grand.

You mention wanting to stay under $700 for three nights; note that your lodging dollar will go much farther Sunday-Thursday nights than it will Fri/Sat nights. If you have some flexibility, this will help.

Edit: Were you not happy with the responses you got to your previous question on July 8?

Edited: 29 July 2013, 23:24
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels..

It depends on your tastes. In my opinion Paris is a better location than the Mirage and PH. Planet Hollywood has the best rooms!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels..

You ought to check out the reviews on Las Vegas hotels to get insight into what might suit you best. They are very revealing in terms of quality and overall satisfaction. For me, the best bang for my buck is the mid-Strip hotels that are in the mid-price range. I like Monte Carlo and Planet Hollywood. Being budget minded, I've never stayed in the higher priced properties like Bellagio.

Gretna, Virginia
Level Contributor
315 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels..

lo l --I would LOVE to stay in 5 star instead of 4 star, but..obviously, they would be too expensive. I have chosen these three due to suggestions of others and because they are excellent locations in strip. And, yes, I have gotton quotes from all three in upgraded rooms, not "normal hotel room"..the suites seem much nicer. --So, you say Mirage is way above the other two?? --Someone else said Planet Hollywood rooms are nicer/bigger...this gets confusing!?! lol .......But, thanks!

Gretna, Virginia
Level Contributor
315 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels..

karoleigh....Have you stayed at Planet Hollywood?? --Maybe I've gotten wrong information, but I got impression the three I've named were pretty much in the MIDDLE of the strip...but, if you have stayed at PH lately, can you tell me WHY you would go with them? TKS.