We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MyVegas Questions

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
101 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
MyVegas Questions

So... my other half and I are heading to Vegas in June next year. I've been playing myVegas for the past couple of months and have 50,000 LPs so hope to continue and have some good points for the trip.

We're coming from the UK and with the distance I don't think it's the type of place I'll be coming to regularly. So I want to use all my points effectively for this one trip.

You can only redeem 3 rewards per 30 days, but they are valid for 90 days once redeemed. So does that mean that in April I can start redeeming, 3 each month, and have effectively 9 rewards to use in Vegas?

Secondly, for the Monorail, it says that it's "buy one get one free." So do you get 2 tickets when you purchase this offer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Winslow, Arizona
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MyVegas Questions

its a total of 3 rewards for your trip (not counting the monorail, sugar factory, and a couple others that are not limited to the 3 in 30 days)

If you had back to back trips, scheduled 30 days from each other then you could use another 3.

Some rewards can be "redeemed" or booked further out than the 90 days from your trip like hotel rooms and the shows that you have to make reservations for but even though they are redeemed 90 days or more from trip you can only use 3. Hopefully this was somewhat helpful

Newark, Ohio...
Level Contributor
95 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MyVegas Questions

No. You can only redeem 3 in a 30 day time period unless you purchase chips to increase the number of rewards you can redeem. I personally have purchased a few chip packages and can now redeem 5 rewards in 30 days. Hope this helps. Enjoy.

Winslow, Arizona
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MyVegas Questions

as far as the monorail pass goes, you will have to buy your reward for whatever configuration you want (1 day, 3 day, etc) you purchase reward for the amount of LPs and I'm assuming you get some sort of confirmation code and when you get to las vegas and get your monorail pass you pay for the first "ticket" with cash money and you get a second one for the same amount of days for free

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
101 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MyVegas Questions

Ok, so you can only have 3 "open" redeemed rewards at a time? You can't redeem 3 in 30 days, then 3 in another 30 days and then 3 in another 30 days, as they have a 90-day use-by date, and then use them all in one 10-day period?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MyVegas Questions

When you click on a reward, you are not redeeming. You are "purchasing". Any reward you purchase can be easily refunded if you have not redeemed it by making a room or show reservation with-in the 90 day period.

In myVegas lingo, "redeem" means you have booked your room reservation or show ticket in the case of room/show rewards or received your voucher for food offers on-site in Vegas. 3 in 30 days only.

The only rewards with no limit and not included in your limit are Wolfgang Puck, Sugar Factory and the Monorail.

If you're other half plays as well, you'd double your get as a couple and get 6.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 01:22
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MyVegas Questions

we just got back from vegas , played myvegas for a while and got to 150k LP , worked out we spent only 14k , the other rewards we got a couple of buffets we didn't even use when there , kinda a big waste of time playing it for us in the uk that go as a one off, my advice is go for a pair of tickets and then stop , nothing eles worth getting and any that are worth it will be sold out and you will never get the chance to redeem

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: MyVegas Questions

Can I ask how you all got to such high numbers? Did you buy chips frequently? I've been playing a couple of weeks and am not to 7k yet...

Maine
Level Contributor
894 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: MyVegas Questions

In regards to the 3 in 30 days, think of redeem as meaning "use/consume". The date that you turn in your lp's for the reward or book your room or show has no relevance as far as the 3 in 30 is concerned. It's when you actually use them in Vegas.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MyVegas Questions

Ritz...it can take a long time to build up the LP's. We redeemed in April and I play consistently every day and I think I am at 270'ish LP's. Accumulating, accumulating, and saving every day. We will have 2 trips coming up, one right after Tgiving and the other in March for Nascar so would like to continue to build up my chip balance.

To the OP, get your other half to start playing on his/her own FB account so that you can each earn 3 rewards to maximize your reward potential.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 02:39
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MyVegas Questions

I agree with your clarification soxfan, on the date of consumption being in the 30 day period. I just wanted to say that once your reservation has been made,it's non-refundable at that point.

@Ritz I 'm closing in on 300,000 LPs. I belong to a couple of Facebook groups that I would suggest you join. They answer all your questions and they have thousands of people willing to be friended in the game. Friends can send each other chips everyday that you can collect to play. I use a Facebook account exclusively for myVegas and have about 950 "friends". It helps. I usually put the game on auto spin while I'm doing something else. I don't play every day, but I do take a moment to collect my chips everyday. I often collect chips for a few days and then play. I've been playing since December.

https:/…

https:/…

Edited: 30 July 2013, 02:45