We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking hotels through Otel or Olotel

MN
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Booking hotels through Otel or Olotel

Has anyone book Las Vegas hotels through these sites? The rates are so much cheaper, but I'm afraid you get what you pay for?

Thank you

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,565 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,032 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking hotels through Otel or Olotel

I have never heard of either of these places. I would stay away from them.

Vegas is definitely a place where booking directly is most often the best. If you book direct, you can cancel and rebook without penalty. You can also use any comps to pay for some or all of your current visit - something you cannot do with 3rd party booking.

I looked at the otel site and the prices are not any better than booking directly for the dates I plugged in. Use sites like smartervegas.com for discount codes that you use when booking DIRECTLY with the hotels.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 23:18
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking hotels through Otel or Olotel

I booked directly with otels. I was a bit skeptical but I ended up calling the hotel a few days later and they confirmed my reservation was correct with the correct room details. It's not til September so I shall see how good they are then!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking hotels through Otel or Olotel

our friends have used them to book hotels in mexico with no problem.

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking hotels through Otel or Olotel

I have used them many times for Poland last year and Spain and never had an issue. Hotel was exactly as I booked if I want a particular room request I email hotel directly before I go and always have got sorted. I have no complaints at all prices were good and I was happy.

MN
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking hotels through Otel or Olotel

Thanks for the info

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking hotels through Otel or Olotel

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - we have just reserved a hotel in Spain for one week, a deluxe room. I was worried after reading reviews of customer experience of the booking service and rang the hotel directly to confirm the reservation. I was confirmed a standard room. Needless to say I got straight onto Olotel. THey tried to fob me off with the old technical error and the delux was never available and they would give a seaview room !! This was not accepted and I pushed for the delux that I had reserved at the deluxe rate. I later got a phone call with the attitude take the seaview double ( a smaller room than we had reserved) with a 10% refund or cancel for full refund. As we are heading next week I cannot source another room so am stuck with the solution offered. May I add that on the hotel site they had Superior rooms available but at a much higher rate that Olotel were obviously not willing to pay to upgrade us to even through the 'technical error' was their fault. My advice avoid the shoddy customer service of this site.

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,887 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking hotels through Otel or Olotel

Look on the TA Bargain Travel forum. Lots of posts about them both on there.

8. Re: Booking hotels through Otel or Olotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:17