We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

Hello -

A friend and I will be there next week ( we are 47 and 52 girls :) ) and looking at something to do during the day. We have both been to Vegas 10+ times.

Any feedback would be appreciated on 1. Pink jeep Hoover Dam Upgraded Tour with a river float or the River float ( not sure the tour company ) that floats and stops for lunch and floats by Hoover. My fear is 6 hours floating will have us scorched. We are from Texas so use to sun.

NH
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

Are you talking about the Black Canyon River Raft ride? Yup! ...Done it at least 3 times. ...However, we did it in April each time. Fun, educational, enjoyable. You stop at a little beach to eat your picnic lunch and you can (at the least) wade to cool off. The only downside is your back does get a bit tired from sitting so long.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

Highly recommend the raft trip to Willow Beach. I've done the trip myself and work in Black Canyon so I know each of the operators. Visitors are always happy with this excursion.

3. Re: Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 August 2013, 17:01
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,249 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

Never done the raft trip, but have kayaked there many times. Great trip.

Pics

https:/…

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

We did it a few years back and enjoyed it.( believe it was the referenced raft trip to Willow Beach ).

6. Re: Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 12:12
Michigan
Level Contributor
71 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

Beautiful trip, I did it in October. Use sunscreen if you are worried about burning. I think this is one of the top 3 experiences of mine during many Vegas trips. Let us know what you think when you return!

North Brunswick...
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

There is a nice paddle boat cruise that runs about two hours. There is full bar and food service and you can choose between sitting outdoors and getting some sun or sit inside in air conditioned comfort and enjoy the view from the bar.

TO
Level Contributor
887 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

Can't recall the name of the company, and I did it almost exactly 20 years ago to the day, but I do recall the company operated out of Boulder City. They drove us to the bottom of the dam where we boarded a pontoon boat and went down the river, stopping once along the shore, but ultimately at a restaurant in Arizona before being driven back to Boulder City.

My husband and I still talk about how much fun this trip was and the guides were excellent and very, very funny. I believe it was advertised as a "river raft ride", but I was very grateful at the time that there were no rapids!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone done the river float near Hoover Dam?

Great - thank you all so much for your feedback and suggestions! We will be there next Tuesday -so super excited!