We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

McCarran Question

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
389 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
McCarran Question

I have to transfer at Las Vegas from a flight from Montana to a flight to Los Angeles. My incoming flight arrives at concourse B. Departure from concourse D. Is an hour and a half enough time to make this transition. The other issue is it's a change of airlines.

While I've been to Vegas numerous times, I've never flown in or out of the airport.

Thank you.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: McCarran Question

Will you have boarding tickets for both flights.?

These Concourses are in the same Terminal so maybe a long walk. You 'will' have to go through airport security again and get a monorail to the D gates. You will have plenty of lime.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,995 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: McCarran Question

The only snafu would be if you were to stop and play one of the slot machines. That may eat up a huge chunk of time, as well as a chunk of your wallet.

Level Contributor
3,512 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: McCarran Question

What is your day of the week and time? I have been in 1.5 hour security lines for the d gates during busy times (sat and suns)

4. Re: McCarran Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 12:12
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: McCarran Question

I'm pretty sure there is a way to get from the B gates to the C gates, then to the tram to D without leaving the secured area. There is a path from B to C and if that is inside the secure area, it is possible to get to the D gate trams without going back through security.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: McCarran Question

Is this on 2 different and separate tickets? If so, bad idea.

If you happen to miss that flight from LAS to LAX, for any reason, you will be stuck buying another ticket.

Hopefully that flight from Montana will be on-time and there will be no schedule change with either flight.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
389 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: McCarran Question

Thanks all for the insight. Helped a lot in making my decision!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,583 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: McCarran Question

Changing airlines ,it doesnt mean you will have to pick up your bags and re check them, however it may.

Many airlines have code shares or whatever they are called and the bags are transferred onto the next airline.

Fresno
Level Contributor
193 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: McCarran Question

If you are flying Allegiant I believe you will have to collect luggage and recheck it to new airline.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
389 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: McCarran Question

Thanks again for all the help, folks.

Vegas/McCarran....pretty big airport!

Everything went smoothly though. I decided to go with a carry-on, so I was able to move from one flight (airline) to the other with no problem. In fact, the security check I had to go through to get to my gate had a very short line in comparison to other security check points I passed on the way to my gate. I had to change concourses, but the transition was pretty smooth.

The only delay I had was deplaning from my inbound flight. My seat was toward the back of the aircraft and by the time I got off the plane I had lost some time. Lesson learned on that part.

The rest went smooth, however. Thanks for all the advice!