We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advantage Car Rental

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Concord NC
Level Contributor
531 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Advantage Car Rental

I rented a car from Advantage about 3 or 4 years ago and did not have any problems. I am needing to rent a car for September 14 this year. I know that is fight weekend and cars are not cheap. I have found a good deal on Cars Rental Com. Has anyone had any problems renting from Advantage? It seems that the lesser known companies are pushing extra coverage and things like that but when I used them that was not the case. Thanks

Level Contributor
3,508 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advantage Car Rental

I just returned from Vegas about two weeks ago. We rented from Advantage as they were far less expensive than Alamo, Budget, and Dollar (my usual's). The car was not as new as I am used to, lots of little dings and scratches, but nothing major. It had about 35,000 miles on it - a lot higher than I usually see in a rental car. The counter person was trying to be very pushy on the extra insurance and add-ons. They had a form to fill out noting the dings, dents and scratches (something the other companies never had me do), so fill that out thoroughly to make sure you don't get hit with charges for something you did not do.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
519 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advantage Car Rental

Also just returned from LV two weeks ago. I rented from Advantage. Picked up the car on Saturday afternoon. No line. (To be fair, nobody had a line at the time.) Counter man was not pushy at all. Offered me extra insurance, an upgrade, and pre-paid gas, as expected. But took a polite "no thanks" from me without any drama. In and out and on my way in just a few minutes. I reserved a compact car and got a Nissan Versa. 20,000+ miles. In good shape, but a few minor dings. Car was fine and was super cheap. $84 for 4 full days.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advantage Car Rental

I rented in May they were pushy but I kept saying no. They do charge your CC a 200 deposit, not a hold a real charge. This is refunded when you return the car not a problem for me but for someone on a tight budget it might be.

I would rent from them again decent prices and decent location.

4. Re: Advantage Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:17