We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute shows

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute shows

Who has been in Vegas and just bought tickets on the spot last minute? What show did you see?

Nevada
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute shows

Do you want to stand in line to buy tickets, and then stand in line again to actually get your ticket at the venue? You waste a ton of time, and you will get just as good a deal getting them ahead of time, and you will probably get to pick your seat.

Check out Goldstar and smartervegas to start with for discount tickets. Google the show you want to see and a bunch of outlets will appear.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute shows

I bought our tickets to Absinthe a few hours before the show. I picked up a $20 off coupon from one of the performers hanging out near the box office. No lines, no wait, easy.

Nevada
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute shows

True mykel, Absinthe is probably the only show that is so easy to get tickets, last minute. If she uses the tix4tonight, the experience is vastly different.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute shows

I almost always prebook as the poster above summed it up: too much hassle to wait in one line at the discount booth, then to head over to the box office to get tickets. And then to figure out what to do with the rest of the day in the hours before the show. Not really worth it, and there are plenty of discounts to be had prebooking.

That being said, I've used the booths when we decide last minute to see a show in addition to the ones we have prebooked. I have used tix4tonite for Rock of Ages and Carrot Top. I also purchased Jersey Boys tickets last minute directly from the Paris Box office. They gave us a good price (military discount, but we're not) just for being friendly (and maybe because we bought 7 tickets).

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute shows

I am interested in Defending the caveman at Harrahs. but not sure

6. Re: Last minute shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:18