We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrade offer from Flamingo

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woodbury, Minnesota
10 posts
Save Topic
Upgrade offer from Flamingo

I received an email with this upgrade offer:

Upgrade from a FAB Deluxe room to a GO Deluxe room for $20 per night OR upgrade to Strip-view GO Luxury accommodations for just $30 per night.

I have booked 2 rooms for 7 days each. We are arriving on Tuesday, August 13th around 6-7 pm.

I want adjoining rooms too, but to guarantee that, they want $15 per room per night.

I was hoping to get an upgrade for $20 total, not $20 per room per night.

What do you think of this offer?

PA
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrade offer from Flamingo

I think it is a good offer. They wanted $50 per night in June when I was there, that is after the nasty lady at the desk told me that they were out of go rooms and I had gone to another person. I ended up staying in the Fab Deluxe with a view room that I had booked and was really disappointed. Old chipped furnishings, small bathroom, filthy floor. You will be much happier with the Go room. My room was comped and that was before the resort fees but I was so disappointed that I canceled my reservation for the fall and booked somewhere else.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrade offer from Flamingo

It seems like a fair offer, but that turns into a lot of extra $ over the course of a week as far as budgeting goes, but that's just my opinion.

Also, it could happen, but in my opinion I think it would be highly unlikely to get 2 rooms upgraded, make sure they're side-by-side, for a week, and only give the desk guy $20 (which I assume is what you're talking about).

When checking in, I've never had a problem getting 2 rooms side-by-side, although we're usually checking in before 7pm, so I've never paid ahead of time to guarantee it.

Edited: 08 August 2013, 16:15
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,293 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrade offer from Flamingo

Upgrade

Here and There
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrade offer from Flamingo

Use that money and book a better hotel....for realz...Flamingo has seen better days and the common areas, carpets, elevators, etc are nasty. Blue slushie vomit on the carpets...garbage all over the animal area outside int he mornings, terrible customer service....unless you speak spanish. Just bad....

Do not pass go, just cross to Cosmo.

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrade offer from Flamingo

Peggy....give them a call and see if they can do any better. I don't know how important the rooms together is for you, but I've never paid extra for that.

If you are o.k. with taking a chance until you get there.....well, Vegas is a gambling town.

Good Luck

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
686 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upgrade offer from Flamingo

We stayed in a Go Luxury strip view a couple years ago. It was comped, so we didn't pay any upgrades. I'm not sure if the Donnie and Marie wrap is still covering the windows (it was installed after our stay) but we had an almost perfect view of the Bellagio fountains, even from the bed. So, if you love a great view of the strip, I would upgrade.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upgrade offer from Flamingo

Cosmo will likely cost 3x as much. Not a valid suggestion. Yes common area carpet is worn. I have never had a problem with anyone speaking English except a couple of maids. Never had a problem with a room at all. And great service.

If you can afford it, I would do the $20 upgrade. Then you know what you are getting.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
341 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Upgrade offer from Flamingo

It's a good offer, I've done it, go for the strip view!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
599 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upgrade offer from Flamingo

Sounds like a good deal to me -- I am hoping to get this offer for my Aug 24th stay .. Booked the Fab Deluxe without researching, teh room looked nice , and now I hear about these horrible bathrooms and I am getting scared -- Called the res desk and they said no upgrades avail for my stay -- only regular rates -- 210 for sat night and 65 for the weeknights ... so I passed on that and asked her to put a note in for a fab room with an updated clean bathroom -- Her response was that she cannot guarantee a clean bathroom !! I almost fell out of my chair at work ! Now I an really scared !!

edited for the following question : just curious -- did you get the email only today for your 13the reservation ? Was wondering how far in advance they send them out ...

Edited: 08 August 2013, 19:39
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
90 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upgrade offer from Flamingo

I too am looking at the Flamingo at end of October. From reading posts, definitely going to go to the GO rooms. But what is the difference between the GO Deluxe and GO Luxury-strip. Is it only the view?