We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carrot Top...humor?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
564 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Carrot Top...humor?

I'll be in Vegas with the folks next month celebrating their 47th anniversary.

Debating taking them to see Carrot Top.

I saw him a few years ago with a friend and remembering laughing hystercially, but I can't remember his level of "raunch" and if is this will be okay to see with the folks.

I've sat thru a lot of comedy shows with them, but still feel uncomfortable watching episodes of "S*x in the City" when they're in the room (haha). I wouldn't take them to see Absinthe, so I was wondering if I should book 3 tickets to CT or just send these 2 kids on their own. Anyone see him recently that can comment? Thanks!

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,978 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carrot Top...humor?

So, the "problem" is not whether your folks will like the show....it's whether or not you will feel uncomfortable seeing it with them. Is that correct?

Overall, he may tell a joke or two that may be a bit uncomfortable hearing with your parents, and maybe even a prop or two, but overall, I would think that it would be a great show to see with them.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carrot Top...humor?

There is some sexual humor in the Carrot Top show - but not anything near the level that you have in Absinthe. If your parents are open minded about things I don't think there is anything in the Carrot Top show that would make you uncomfortable sitting next to them. It is the best comedy show in Vegas and I would say generally less "dirty" than most of the basic stand-up shows with rotating comedians.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,824 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carrot Top...humor?

Go see him, I was doubtful at first but loved it

New Jersey
Level Contributor
564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Carrot Top...humor?

Exactly Rhinoman - haha! I dont want to miss out on what I know will be a great show, and I'm pretty sure they'll enjoy/get 95% of the jokes.

Okay thanks, I'll take advantage of the Travelzoo special and get 3 tickets. Yay!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,821 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carrot Top...humor?

Don't know your folks, so it is hard to say what they would be comfortable hearing. Have you considered Terry Fator? He is a hundred times more talented than CT, IMO, and your folks would not be offended by his humor. Go to You Tube and type Terry Fator in the search box for samples of his act.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Carrot Top...humor?

Thanks Tony, yes they did see Terry Fator last time and enjoyed him! This trip is Carrot Top, Jabbawockeez, and either "Shades of Sinatra" or "Recycled Percussion" - both on Groupon!

Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carrot Top...humor?

We are oldishhhhhhhhhhh and laughed from beginning to end to his fast paced action packed show.

I would go with our kids.............he is a very good entertainer.

CT does have a lot of autonomy jokes and jokes aimed at celebrities but nothing too raunchy.

Go.......... ...ENJOY!! It's VEGAS BABY!!!

If still in doubt check him out on utube as there are lots of clips of his show.

Winslow, Arizona
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carrot Top...humor?

I too would take them....they will enjoy it. He is hilarious and has been so for the past 20 or so years. I went and saw his show in April and I'm probably just a tad younger than your parents and I thought he was great! I think that both Carrot Top and Terry Fator are equally talented. Their shows are like apples and oranges...one being a comedian and the other a ventriloquist, both very enjoyable shows though,

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
446 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carrot Top...humor?

Well, we're in our 60's, & have seen CT twice. Loved his humour. He just makes fun of everything! It seemed like most people had sore stomachs from laughing so much. I would recommend his show.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
26,839 posts
5,787 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carrot Top...humor?

We went to Carrot Top grumpy (not sure why we were so grumpy...) but in 10 minutes we had lost the grumps, were laughing out loud, and had a great time.

If they are ok with humor, they will be ok with Carrot Top....

by the way if they like Sinatra music, Shades of Sinatra is great! There are often discount coupons for it on www.goldstar.com.

Edited: 14 August 2013, 02:04