We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lurkers. Do you hate them?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,529 posts
Save Topic
Lurkers. Do you hate them?

The same lurker jumped in and started getting my hot hands in 3 card poker. I was cleaning up. She is local. I hate that 89 year old lurker.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,130 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lurkers. Do you hate them?

I'm just happy when anyone is willing to grab my hot hands. 89? Well, a bit older than my usual, but I try to keep an open mind...did she have a nice personalty at least?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,033 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lurkers. Do you hate them?

Im not gonna lie; you sound scary. I visualize this hitchhiker thumbing a ride. It's after midnight. I pass him and glance in my rearview mirror. He's running after me. I speed up. I can't see him when I look back. I'm relieved... until the next mile... there he is again moving out a few feet onto the highway. I swerve to the other lane......I must've seen this on TV. This is too much. I'm going to bed.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,529 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lurkers. Do you hate them?

No, Irish, she was horrible. She stared me down, smirked at me and blew smoke in my face. She wasn't even good looking. And when she go MY fushes and straights, she'd gloat and snicker at my lousy cards. She was a local, I know she was a local. She's done this to me before, unlessen she has a twin sister.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,529 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lurkers. Do you hate them?

Golden, is this avatar better?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lurkers. Do you hate them?

Must be the cooler.

I do get annoyed when a BJ table is empty for 20 minutes, then I decide to play there alone - and before the dealer can get the first hand dealt 3 guys decide they have to play there too.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,033 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lurkers. Do you hate them?

C'mon. I'm going to have nightmares now.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,033 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lurkers. Do you hate them?

I appreciate having guys like you, Irishfan, Rhino .....on this forum. Always adds humor.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,529 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lurkers. Do you hate them?

Johnny, I thought those coolers were just urban legends. She did pull out a brand new, crisp one hundred dollar bill. Now, you would expect an 89 year old broad to be counting off ones of five, 20's, eh, maybe.

I know I was her target. After three frustrating hands, I cashed out. One red chip up.

Golden, I've got more where that came from.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 03:58
Minnesota
Level Contributor
310 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lurkers. Do you hate them?

"No, Irish, she was horrible. She stared me down, smirked at me and blew smoke in my face. She wasn't even good looking. And when she go MY fushes and straights, she'd gloat and snicker at my lousy cards. She was a local, I know she was a local. She's done this to me before, unlessen she has a twin sister."

Sorry Hitch, but this totally sounds like me...except I'm not a local.....don't have a twin.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lurkers. Do you hate them?

Are you sure it wasn't Bridgefan?