We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wicked Spoon - bad start

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
190 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Wicked Spoon - bad start

Because I'd read so much on here about the Wicked Spoon, I decided to go during my most recent trip. My friends had already left town, so I went the first morning after they were gone. Cashier was really friendly, and explained the layout to me. So I go over to wait in line to be seated. The hostess, a 50-ish lady with black hair, completely ignored me and seated the two gentlemen who WERE IN LINE AFTER ME. One of them had moved up to stand next to me, but it was clear they were there after me, since the second gentleman was behind me. I was so stunned that I couldn't say anything, other than a shocked "what"????? When the next lady came to seat me, an Asian lady, I was so furious I explained to her what had happened, and she apologized. I just do not understand it. Many of you may tell me to get over it, and I will, but it was the rudest thing I have ever seen. Hopefully, they were high rollers that the hostess recognized, but I have to wonder if it's just because I'm a 50-year old woman who the hostess dismissed as not being a good tipper. (the latter part of which is wrong.)

The food was pretty good, and the server I had, Luree (sp.?) was excellent and very helpful. When I asked what I should try that I hadn't, she even brought me a dish of their creamy polenta with gorgonzola, basil pesto, and walnuts. I would never have tried it on my own, but it was yummy. As were the salads she suggested - I tried the fig with candied bacon and blue cheese. Amazing. Not sure I'll go back, though - the overall experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
41. Re: Wicked Spoon - bad start

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 12:01
OKC
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Wicked Spoon - bad start

Irish I decided to edit that last comment. I didn't want a Riley Cooper drama here lol.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Wicked Spoon - bad start

To reiterate---they may not have been using the same sized tables for the 2 seatings. Possibly, the 2 men were seated at a 4 top; the woman was seated at a 2 top. Many times when I'm with another person we are seated at a larger table than when I'm solo(I'm usually seated at a smaller table). A 4 top table may have been immediately available, so the 2 men were seated before the woman. If this scenario is true, the hostess should've mentioned this to the woman.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: Wicked Spoon - bad start

Well this 50 year old woman, would have said excuse me ma'am! they were here after me, excuse me sir, you were behind me! Know where your place is! I wouldn't be too shocked to speak up! I'm not trying to be hateful, mean, accusatory, but you said this was the rudest thing you've ever experienced? I'm surprised I've witnessed a heck of a lot more rude than that, in my life, hence the reason to not shield your kids from Vegas...lol...jk! Thank you for taking the time to write up a report. I'll continue reading.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,760 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Wicked Spoon - bad start

The Op takes the reader from one extreme to the other. First, she throws a fit and hangs on to it for days because someone got seated before her. She thinks it maybe because they think she's not a good tipper.

Ok, like others said, get over it. The title of her thread a negative one also.

She then changes to a positive tone and starts complimenting the server and all the different foods that she recommended.

Then she goes negative again, finishing with "it left a bad taste in my mouth".

Folks, to me, that's a roller coaster ride.

I removed my post, not to appease anyone, especially not the TA police from Orlando, but simply because this might insult persons that are bipolar.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Wicked Spoon - bad start

When a woman no longer has ovaries, yeah TMI I get it!, anyway! especially at age 50, yeah I'm talking about me lol, you wanna talk about bi-polar...lol! but maybe I shouldn't have responded, as the OP who posted about having a 4 seat table ready verses a one person seat avail, makes perfect sense. I really need to think before I respond, since my inner feelings these days seem to be taking over.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Wicked Spoon - bad start

Maybe the two men had a LINE PASS so try not to take the fact that they got seated before you personally and don't let that one SMALL incident ruin a meal that you apparenly enjoyed! Sounds like you got great service once seated!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Wicked Spoon - bad start

A couple of people should have an exclamation point-ectomy.

Edited: 12 August 2013, 00:03
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Wicked Spoon - bad start

@Swearingen.......thank you.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
392 posts
3 reviews