We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant.com question.

long island, new...
10 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant.com question.

I have several coupons from Mandalay Bay restaurants left over from over a year ago. It is my understanding that they don't expire, but I no longer see these restaurants being offered on the the restaurant.com website. Does anyone know if they will be still honored?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant.com question.

You can go into your account and return them for a credit or exchange them for other restaurants.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant.com question.

Sometimes a restaurant will no longer be on the current list of offerings, but they may still honor the GCs that have been previously purchased. If you have your heart set on a certain restaurant, and it's still in business, then you might have to call and ask whether they will honor your coupon. Of course, if the restaurant has closed, or if the restaurant will no longer honor the discount, then you can easily make an exchange for another GC or a credit that will be held in your account for use at another time.

Derry, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
259 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant.com question.

Yes, they are still good. I used one two weeks ago at Border Grill. I had previously called BG directly to make sure. Although they are no longer offering them on Restaurant .com, they are (have to) honoring ones already purchased...Enjoy!!!

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant.com question.

I was recently notified by Restaurant.com that one of my certificates was no longer valid, because the restaurant quit taking the vouchers. They gave me a credit for the value of the voucher. So I can use it anytime for another purchase. Which works out well, since I purchased it during one of their sales. It was a $25 voucher that I purchased for $5.

However, I would check to see if the restaurants are still in business.

long island, new...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant.com question.

Thank you all for your quick responses, I appreciate it. It looks like it's worth it to bring them with us and give it a shot.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant.com question.

As stated, if a restaurant is no longer accepting their vouchers they will notify you and you can convert the voucher to a certificate. which to can use buy other offers, they do credit the full value of the voucher not what you paid.

Which is all very well if you live in the US, if you a planning a one off trip from overseas it isn't too great.

I purchased 3 vouchers for a trip planned for April/May, which had to be rebooked for September.

I bought 3 vouchers.

Since buying them I have had 2 notifications that my vouchers are no longer useable.

Yes I have an $80 credit to spend.

However, since I bought the original vouchers resturarants on offer have been cut back considerably and I am finding it hard to spend my credit.

I have had two long online chats on their page and got nowhere.

I guess what I don't spend I can gift to a Canadian friend.

The one voucher that is still good - is no longer on offer so I am hoping that this is not cancelled before we arrive in 5 weeks.

But there is more to a vacation than eating :)

Edited: 13 August 2013, 18:37
7. Re: Restaurant.com question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 06:20