We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire at Excalibur

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
Level Contributor
217 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
car hire at Excalibur

I've contacted the hotel and been on a couple of hire websites, but would like to know if I can hire a car at Excalibur. There doesn't seem to be any pick up or drop offs there?

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire at Excalibur

Hi

You should really rent from the UK, then you get all the insurances you will need. Try ebookers, netflights or BA. They will give you the options of where you can pick up from, if the Excalibur doesnt come up, then theres no pick up/drop off from there.

Clive

New Jersey
Level Contributor
480 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire at Excalibur

For years they have had a contract with Bell Trans. The limo would usually pull up to the valet area or VIP area when i used them. If i were you call VIP and ask your question(s) to them. I am sure you will get the answer you want.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,030 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire at Excalibur

There's an Avis desk at Excalibur: http://www.excalibur.com/excalibur/faq.aspx

As indicated, it may be better to book through a UK agency.

bristol
Level Contributor
217 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire at Excalibur

Thanks for the replies.

I've always booked from the UK before, but the days that I want a car aren't fixed at the moment. I'll pin a couple of days and book with Avis if it means I can pick up and drop off at the hotel.

thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire at Excalibur

When a person from the UK is asking about "care hire" they don't mean hiring a car with a driver - car hire is what car rental is called in the UK. But I do agree that the poster from the UK should look for a rental company in the UK- from a company there will understand the different insurance in the UK and make the correct arrangements with their branch here- if I recall car insurance in the UK does not cover a rental car like ours often does it only covers the individual car, so people renting cars here have to make sure they get the proper insurance- and many US rental car companies don't sell them the correct kind and they overpay.

bristol
Level Contributor
217 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire at Excalibur

"When a person from the UK is asking about "care hire" they don't mean hiring a car with a driver - car hire is what car rental is called in the UK."

That's correct. I'll be booking here as it seems to be a better option regards insurance.

bristol
Level Contributor
217 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car hire at Excalibur

OK, I booked a car from the UK and got it even cheaper over the phone. All good.

In Vegas I decided to opt for a couple of extras that were not included as standard. I had a reciept for $52 for these, but was charged $65 dollars when I checked my card at home. I was not able to contact Avis at the hotel except by phone, which would be a PITA due to timezones. My CC company refunded me without fuss as it was only a small amount.

My issue is that I was charged more than I signed for, regardless of amount. If they do thisto everyone expecting no complaints, it all adds up.

The paperwork states that a cleaning fee will be charged if Avis feel it is dirtier than when rented out. The car was not clean when we got to it, so I checked we wouldn't be charged for cleaning it, but I was assured it was all OK and just to return it full of fuel, that's all. They also ask you to sign to say that you've got the keys, but the section you actually sign clearly says that it's for car having no damage and is clean when rented.

More annoying, we later rented another car when we were there. It was filthy, scraped here and there, covered in bugs all over the windscreen and had not been cleaned at all for some time. We complained and were offered a $20 refund on a $300 daily rental ! We eventually accepted another car, which was better but had also not been cleaned since the last renter had left it in the Avis parking spot at the hotel car park.

The cars returned condition is clearly never checked and as you are liable for it's condition when returned, they could easily blame any past renters abuse on you. They have your card and your permission to charge it.

Make sure you document any issues up front is my advice.

8. Re: car hire at Excalibur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 06:22