We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Yawk
Level Contributor
514 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

I read on Vegas.com that there is a semi-late nite $9.99 steak buffet at the Rivera. I know in the past, some of that info in the "dining bargains" section may have been a tad dated, but is this still running??? Worthwhile, or comparable to Boardwalk's/Sahara's infamous buffets???

Don't laugh, but I'm going to see the Frank Sinatra/Barbra Streisand tribute w/ my wife in September, (The Concert That Never Was), and wanted to grab some grub after the show. I've already got my 1/2 price show coupon in hand!!!

2-fer

:o)

The Congo
Level Contributor
604 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

2 fer, I'm interested in that show. Tell me when, where, how much. Also, where did you score that 2 fer 1 coupon?

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

The 9.99 steak buffet at riviera is a classic example of how you usually get what you pay for

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

It will find it's place in infamy like those others

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

U would not eat ANYTHING at The Riv for FREE...

New Yawk
Level Contributor
514 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

Thanx for saving me from a culinary nightmare, folks. Just figured since we were there..................We'll make other dining arrangements for after the show that evening!!

Idle, the 1/2 price coupon is on vegas4locals .com. Reg price is listed at $39.45 + tax (before coupon). Not sure of times/dates, though. I'm there mid September for a week!! Hopefully it's still running.

BTW, I can't believe I didn't even spell Riviera right in the title!?!? "Doh".............---Homer Simpson--

2-fer

OKC
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

Walk next door to the Peppermill - you can't go wrong

Detroit
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

Hey 2-for-1, we also are planning on seeing Barbra and Frank when we are in Vegas in September. I got my 2-4-1 coupon on the destinationcoupons.com website. I think, however, that for our dinner that night we will walk over to Kahunaville at TI, which shouldn't be too bad a walk from the Riviera, as I have a restaurant.com $25 dining certificate. (which I got for $4.00 a while back.) However, wait till you can get a 50 or 60% discount code before you purchase a restaurant.com certificate.

New Yawk
Level Contributor
514 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

Digger,

Peppermill is already on my list for another evening, when we are down that way, but I appreciate the suggestion. Really looking forward to trying out this place!!!!!

Vegaholic,

Per the TI website, Kahunaville (restaurant portion) closes at 10pm most nites, so I'm not sure there will be enough time!!! Depends on how early the tribute show starts/ends!!!

My plan this year is to try 10 differant eating establishments (lunch/dinner). I'm grilling (w/ cocktails!) two nites, by the pool........

Only three old favorites this year, Lotus, Hofbrauhaus, and Denny's. All the rest are uncharterd territory for me!! BTW, there is a STORY behind the Denny's choice. After not eating ANYTHING for about 12 hours on my first trip to Vegas, and almost hallucinating, I promised my wife we would eat at the first place I saw when we got out of the cab from the airport. We pulled in front of Harrah's and there it was................Never in my life have I ever eaten in this type of place, but a promise is a promise. Turns out it's no different from a regular diner. We always make it a point to stop there once during our week, in memory of our first trip to LV!!

2-fer

NW Ga
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

"However, wait till you can get a 50 or 60% discount code before you purchase a restaurant.com certificate. "

Here ya go....

code 12934 for 60% off

Hurry, offer ends 6/30/06

Europe
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 10pm Steak Buffet at the Rivera.......thoughts??

Who know - is there a live Big-Band-Music playing or is it Playback Music ?