We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night (only) in Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
669 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
One night (only) in Vegas

I will be visiting Vegas (unfortunately only for one evening+night due to other dependecny). I know, there are two many things to do/see in Vegas which can not be covered in multiple days also.

Can somebody suggest me, how should I plan my evening before crashing to bed in Hotel ?

I will be reaching vegas around 8 PM and next day, I will leave at 10 AM towards LA. I thought of picking one show also, but not sure if I can see that in this limited time. Freemont lighting is one thing, I want to see. I will bve staying in Stratosphere.

Any suggestions please !!!

Edited: 17 August 2013, 10:19
Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night (only) in Vegas

Hi

Well mid strip hotel stay would be your best bet, but going to Fremont St is the difficult bit, as its time consuming getting there.

IMO I would want to see the fountains outside Bellagio and the interior of the Venetian.

The light shows are every hour on Fremont till midnight or 1am on the weekend.

Clive

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,044 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night (only) in Vegas

For one night your best option is to walk out of your hotel and turn left or right to explore - you could visit Fremont St but you'll miss out on what the strip has to offer assuming you are staying on the strip.

I'd skip the show if you're not arriving until 8.00pm as most will have already started although you could do one of the second showings of the Cirque shows assuming they are not dark on that evening.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night (only) in Vegas

I will be having car. Will it be too much traffic driving around ? It will be Sunday evening.

I can quickly get fresh at Hotel (after driving 300 miles) and drive back to Strip (or Fremount first ?). Where can I park my car ? I am not sure, if free parkings are available there ?

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night (only) in Vegas

Hi

Did I read you have booked Stratosphere? I f so you are right at the end of the strip towards downtown. I would go there first, watch a show then drive back to center strip and park up.

Downtown I would suggest parking at the Golden Nugget, valet for just a tip on collection.

Traffic shouldnt be too bad, but always fairly busy on the strip itself.

Clive

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night (only) in Vegas

Yes Clive, I will be staying at Stratosphere. If I am understaning you correctly, then should it be like this -

- Reach Hotel and get fresh quickly

- Freemont

- Drive back to Strip, park car and catch some show (if time permits)

1- Is this correct order ?

2- "Downtown I would suggest parking at the Golden Nugget" - Wouldn't Stratosphere have its own parking ?

3- Where should I park car on Strip ?

4- If I want to see Freemont also, do I need to park car there also ?

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One night (only) in Vegas

Hi

Yes, that right. From the Strat though you will need to drive to downtown and park and yes the Strat does have an enormous car park or of course you can use valet (they all have them).

The hotels on the strip are a long way from each other even though they look "close". It depends on what you think you want to do on the strip where you park, hope this link can help you

www.vegas.com/transportation/parking-garages/

Clive

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One night (only) in Vegas

Hi

Also I just can't see you fitting in a show at all. They don't really do late one's and time will fly by.

Clive

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One night (only) in Vegas

I am not going for any show this time. No time for that.

9. Re: One night (only) in Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 06:20