We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas car rental

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
187 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas car rental

Seek Las Vegas car rental for 5 days (October 2013 Monday to Saturday). Plan to drive to Grand Canyon for 3 days. For 2 person, standard or full size car, no mileage limit.

Should I select car rental in town or at the airport?

Should I book for the entire week or just Monday to Friday to avoid the weekend crowd?

Which car rental agent web site or booking web site do you recommend?

Is FOX good enough? Do they have site outside airport?

Thank you

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,283 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas car rental

Fox sucks. go with one of the bigger more reputable companies.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,313 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas car rental

Personally, I wouldn't use Fox. Too many disgruntled customers have posted here. Never tried them, but I prefer not to be tested by fire.

if you are a Costco member, try that first. Airport rates are normally cheaper. Enterprise does pick you up and their weekend rates are cheap but they normally don't include unlimited miles . If you only need the car for the side trip, I would say only book for those days. However be aware that a usually a Saturday night "keep" will give you better rates. If you are staying away from Vegas for a number of days, I would try to stay away from Vegas on the weekend as hotel rates are about twice as much.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,262 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas car rental

1. If you are flying in, Id rent from the airport, unless you only need a car for some of the days you are there, then Id rent from one of the locations on the strip (assuming you are staying on the Strip??) No rental car companies are on-site at the airport there is a consolidated rental car facility that you take a shuttle to.

2.Confused abiut what you are asking should you book what for the entire week or just Mon-Fri?? A car? a Las Vegas Hotel?? If you want the best atmosphere you want to be in LV on the weekedn, if you want quieter with an older crowd do it midweek.

3. 99% of my rentals are either Hertz or Avis.

4. Id never rent from Fox, especially being that you are driving a long way out of the Valley, I think for Fox you have to take a shuttle to the rental car facility then the Fox shuttle to their location.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
187 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas car rental

I assume Las Vegas October car rental in the weekends are much higher compare to weekdays, correct? (In other major cities, weekends are cheaper, and LV has not major conventions in October?).

Yes, I plan to stay on the LV strip, so I assume hotels has shuttles (hasn't book hotels yet). What is rental price compare LV airport to in town?

Need unlimited miles for driving trip to/from Grand Canyon.

I have rent from FOX in LA & SF before for non-business trips that I pay my own way. So far, its great for low cost, and stick to the schedules trips.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas car rental

Young - try google

Alamo
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas car rental

Thank you for your info on Fox, knew the low rate was too good to be true. I am going to cancel my reservation with them. Does anyone have feedback on Payless Car Rental in Las Vegas? Are they okay?

kansas
Level Contributor
966 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Vegas car rental

Payless is about the same as Fox.

Stick with one of the major ones--Hertz, Alamo, Budget, Enterprise ect.... We like Alamo. Fill out the paperwork online and you can just go to a kiosk and scan in your information and go directly to your car.

Have a great trip to the Grand Canyon. We went a couple of years ago and it is fantastic! We stayed the night in Vegas and then went up to the canyon for an overnight. Make sure you stay in the park and see a sunrise and sunset. Absolutely stunning!

Ft Myers, FL
Level Contributor
456 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Vegas car rental

Try www.carrentalsavers.com They list all the rental companies and include any discounts. Be sure to check back often as the rates change.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Vegas car rental

We are going to use Dollar's Las Vegas city rate. Check that out on their website. Rental at the airport is quick and convenient.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,723 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Vegas car rental

If you are going to rent at the airport, you'll have many choices. On the strip, Dollar at TI has the best rates, cheaper than Hertz or Avis.