We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Topic
Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

Just read that Westjet is removing their back of the seat TV's and will now offer preloaded tablets and they are charging $10-$12 dollars for what used to be free for tv stations with a pay for view option for movies. IMO just another way of getting a little more out of you. Air Canada is starting to look better and better.

For those non-Canadians reading this post using Delta, Southwest etc are they as stingy as this?

1. Re: Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 17:36
San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,121 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

Southwest has no entertainment, its a low frills airline.

Most of the others do charge for entertainment whether it be TV's in the seat back or TV's on shared screens.

United, Delta, Jet Blue, Virgin America and Frontier have in seat TV's

Jet Blue doesnt charge for the Satellite TV channels in their seat backs but you can pay for movies, Virgin America also doesn't charge, if I remember correctly its been a year since Ive been on one of their flights.

I wonder why Westjet is removing the TV's and not leaving them and charging for them?

3. Re: Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Toronto
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

sam a do you work for the airlines?

5. Re: Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

Toronto
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

sam a a lot of the time the prices can be close so to some yes that could make the difference .

7. Re: Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

Toronto
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

sam a - a friend told me he flew and had to pay for the tablet or there was no tv.

Toronto
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Canadian flyers to Vegas alert

Iam lucky for my choices and can afford more but know a lot of people who can't

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Canadian flyers to Vegas alert