We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

England
Level Contributor
928 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

We're currently booked at the El Co for the first 3 nights of 7 but I'm a bit bothered about the lack of pool so have been looking at the nugget. El Co is about $150 for Thursday-sunday starting 10th October and nugget is about $400 - taxes included in both.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

$250 for 3 nights???no,not worth it

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

I would switch if you really want the pool. GN pool is nice. Hotel is better all around as well, but you will have to decide if it is $250 better!

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

I think you can pay to use GN pool

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

Its not worth that much extra. Its nice but for that price i dont know.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

You can pay $20/person to go over and use the GN pool. If you just wanted 1 or 2 pool days, that might be worth it

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
885 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

For me it is, but I am picky about my room. The rooms at GN are nice and the location is better than El Co, though ElCo is only a short walk from the center of the Fremont action. Is it $400 for the Rush Tower rooms or just the regular rooms?

I wouldn't necessarily change if you are only concerned about the pool--I think paying to use the GN pool is a good option if you don't care about the rooms.

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,282 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

What room at the Elco? Don't go for anything but a Tower room or JR Cabana Suite there, THEN compare prices. The Tower rooms at Elco are very dated now.

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

hmmm...+250 for the GN, or a 20.00 pool fee. So, by STAYING at GN, there is no pool fee, so the diff is really 190.00.....that would seal it for me, I'd choose GN. On an overseas weeklong trip, I'd pay it up. JM$.02

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

Hi

We have stayed at both hotels. El Co is just fine, in the tower where we stayed. Carson rooms at the Nugget are better, but not that much. The pool at the Nugget is always crowded btw, never found it relaxing there. You can pay to use it though if you do want pool time. Personally I think that would be better value than actually staying there. Also if you skip the pool one day, you havent had to spend on something you didnt use.

Clive

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is golden nugget worth the extra $$$

For many people, yes. For me? Hell no. When I want a fancy-smacy hotel to sip fruity drinks by the pool, I stay on the strip. So in Sept, I'll be staying 2 nights at the ElCo and play downtown, then moving to MB for a couple days of fuity drinks!