We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aria upgrade

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Topic
Aria upgrade

Hi everyone. We are booked next month at Aria to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversy! I'm hoping they will upgrade us upon our arrival when we check in. We are booked for the "Deluxe with City View". What type of upgrade do you feel would be best to hope for? Those "corner suites" look pretty nice.....but some of the other's, don't really need a dining room table. I'm sure lot's of people tell a desk "It's my birthday, or It's our anniversery". I was thinking of bringing our marriage license to show them...or am I being a little crass here?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,043 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Boston
Level Contributor
2,774 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aria upgrade

The jump to a Corner Suite is pretty big - it will help if you're arriving on a weekday and not staying during a weekend.

I kind of like the idea of bringing your marriage license - probably doesn't happen very often and kind of puts the front desk person on the spot.

Although your license probably isn't dated the same day as your wedding, is it?

Edited: 20 August 2013, 22:39
Virginia
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aria upgrade

If you want to pull this off, I would Email them ahead of time and tell them that you're celebrating your wedding anniversary and ask them if there is anything you they can do to make it memorable.

Showing up and hoping for an upgrade is worse than a crap shoot. Especially if you have no history with them. They have regulars that frequent the property all the time and they simply can't take care of everyone. And, almost everyone asks for upgrades (I do as well as most of the regulars here).

Otherwise, I would book the room you want if you want a room other than the room you've booked.

London
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aria upgrade

We arrive at the Aria on Saturday for our fourth stay this year. It will also be our wedding anniversary and my husband's birthday.

We had a Deluxe King booked, but decided we really wanted to stay in a higher tier room. So guess what... I emailed them and upgraded our booking to a Corner suite.

Complimentary upgrades will be given on availability first to those with some sort of 'status'. Even though we're Platinum Mlife members I wouldn't expect to be upgraded from standard room to suite for free.

As you already have a 'City View' booked, you may get offered a higher floor. The staff at Aria are usually really helpful and do all they can to get you a suitable room, but how many times do you think they hear "It's our anniversary!"

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aria upgrade

Yep. I'm Platinum with MLife and have never seen an upgrade at Aria. But, I always casually ask for one when I'm checking in. Sending a letter beforehand is the probably the best bet to upgrade on the cheap for a special occasion, IMO.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aria upgrade

Well, we will be there from Mon 9/23 thru 9/27. 4 nights during mid-week. I like the idea of emailing, I will try that. Should I do it now, or wait a few days prior to arrival? Whatever we get, I'm sure it will be nice, but one can hope!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,774 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aria upgrade

Emailing, writing, or calling in advance does nothing.

They have to have the higher grade room available when you arrive, and they're not going to hold one for you.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aria upgrade

We are platinum and had 2 comped deluxe rooms on our last visit. We checked in at the invited guest desk and the host said he couldn't help us with 2 queen non smoking strip view, so he automatically upgraded us to the "Sky Suites". It was a basic room, but had the amenities of complimentary snacks/appetizers in the lounge which was a nice added bonus. Good luck with your upgrade. I hope you are successful, however the property is very nice and you can't go wrong either way.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aria upgrade

i agree with everyone here, we are Noir and always stay at Aria and are comped but are generally sloted at one room level and if we want a nicer room we have to pay for it, complimentry upgrades are almost 1-100 because its based on availability and really doesnt have much to do with your backstory. I would ask what they could do for you when you arrive. i personally would not pay for a nicer view as most of the views at aria are not that too aww inspiring. Aria is a great resort, i wouldnt get too focused on the room upgrade, if you want a nicer room i would pay for it up front to ensure you get it. enjoy your trip!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aria upgrade

My husband and I are also staying at Aria soon sept 16-21. Also booked deluxe with city view (paid $50 a night more for that). It's also our anniversary but I'm sure people always use that to try to get an upgrade. We are mainly hoping for a high floor and we are just going to go with whatever we get (as long as we get what we paid extra for!). Have a great anniversary trip, I agree with others who said you should just book the corner suite if its important to you.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aria upgrade

hi all,when we arrive in las Vegas in May.hit will be the first leg of our honeymoon.i wonder would it be difficult to get a complimentary upgrade and what's the best way to go about it? email before me arrive,20 dollar trick! i hear so much stuff! we arrive on a Tuesday for 4 nights.