We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,821 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

There are endless threads on taxi rip offs, Obviously, if you have never been cheated there is no motivation to start a thread. Hopefully, most of you have never had a bad taxi experience. If you haven't been cheated, do you simply tell the driver where you want to go, sit back and begin a great vacation? Do you believe that telling a driver "no tunnel" or any other similar remark is an insult?

Michigan
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

I just simply tell the driver where we need to go and have never been tunneled.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

i usually get into the cab let them know where i am go and a thank you. Since I am by nature a social person I usually have a casual conversation.

Here is an example..... I get in the cab give the taxi driver the name of the property I am going with a please, then once the cab driver starts to drive. I usually start a causal conversation about what good things their is to do currently in vegas...... Depending on the response I may if anything is new with the las vegas strip.... How long has the cabbie lived in Las vegas? how he likes it? has he always lived in vegas? you would be surprised how many cab drivers just get grumpy or rude customer's a day.

I have never been tunnel or taken a long way or in for what i call a "joy ride",

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

Never been tunnelled and never long hauled (to the best of my knowledge).

Obviously if it's your first time in a new place then you're at the cab driver's mercy........................unless you've done your homework......which I do

Cheers

Davy !!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,611 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

No, not tunneled or long-hauled. Cabbies always ask if we prefer the highway.

I've long-hauled more in my home city.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

We have never been tunneled or long hauled. Only once did I say "no tunnel" when I got in the cab and my husband was annoyed with me, but we didn't get tunneled and I don't know if we would have or not. Any other time I did not say anything and still did not get tunneled.

Level Contributor
2,030 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

I always mention no tunnel...and they haven't done that...but we did have one that somehow we ended up going through a neighborhood which didn't seem like a direct route to the strip. She started slowing down and showing us some yards and I really had to point out that we don't care, take us to the hotel.

Level Contributor
829 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

I have never told the driver "no tunnel" And I have never been tunneled

8. Re: Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 21:28
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,088 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

I'm tunneled every single time I go to Vegas.......in a big blue and white bus.

10. Re: Who has NEVER been tunneled or long hauled?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 21:05