We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

Can you find sweet tea in Vegas. I mean brewed tea with sugar and then add ice? That is about the only thing I drink besides water.

We are staying at the Luxor. Will the McDonalds in the Luxor have sweet tea?

I guess if they dont have it, I can always get a cup of hot tea and make my own.

Thanks

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

May I ask a question and it's not meant to sarcastic? I've always wondered why people demand sweet tea when all they have to do is add sugar themselves. Does it taste different if it's brewed with sugar rather than adding later.

I take my tea sweetened as well but I do it myself after it's served.

Wister, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
25 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

the sugar dissolves when hot, there is a big difference ask any southerner LOL Try it

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

I'm from the south so I get the whole "sweet tea" thing. You may come across it in Vegas but it will not be the norm.

When I am on vacation I like to try new and different things to eat and drink. I'm a coke girl but in Vegas it's most likely to be pepsi. It's also a good idea to just drink a lot of water.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

onethirty5, there is a HUGE difference as mentioned!! I cannot drink the tea if it I add the sugar to it when it is cold.

edsgirlAusti, I mainly drink most of the day, but I like to drink tea while I eat.

North carolina
Level Contributor
909 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

HAHAHA CBR, This brings up a funny memory of a more naive time for me and my DW. We were on our honeymoon in Vegas (and also first timers to there of course), enjoyed it immensely. Long story short, on our second to last day, we go and eat at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay and I order "Sweet Tea Please"....to which the waiter gave me the most dumbfounded look ever. I will never forget that look. We ended up have a lengthy discussion of what sweet tea was since he's never heard of anyone ordering it (he grew up on the west coast). So to answer your question, you will be hard pressed to find true sweet tea on the Strip!

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,341 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

Try it without sugar, it will delay the inevitable onset of diabetes.

Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,744 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

A southerner here and I can't stand sweet tea.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Reno
Level Contributor
4,136 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

Part Southerner, here.

M & M Soul Food on W. Charleston(yep, "Charleston"). Great Southern food, too, y'all.

Fl
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

I only drink sweet tea and no I have never found it in Vegas. I hate when people tell me to add sugar!!!!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sweet Tea (Southern) in Vegas...

They have it at the McDonald's in LV. I drink it all the time out there.