We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it raining, flooding, thunderstorming on the Strip?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Is it raining, flooding, thunderstorming on the Strip?

Will arrive tomorrow evening and just wondering what's up with this weather? Chance of thunderstorms everyday for the next 7 days, really? Today was a flash flood watch, so was the Strip affected?

Edited: 27 August 2013, 04:50
Pittsburgh PA
Level Contributor
311 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it raining, flooding, thunderstorming on the Strip?

I am here now. It rained today and got bad but no flooding. Just mainly cloudy and all the escalators are not working. Right now it's comfortable outside and nice. We will see what tomorrow brings. Have a great trip we are making the best if it!!

Pasadena
Level Contributor
573 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it raining, flooding, thunderstorming on the Strip?

We're here too, been here for a week. By 6:00pm , heading back to our hotel (MGM) was blue skies. Looking out our big windows right now...just beautiful lights twinkling. Also, it was so nice with the sun being covered up today. Hubby is golfing tomorrow mornin! Last I checked (last night) was going to be 97 by Friday. Enjoy!!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it raining, flooding, thunderstorming on the Strip?

Today was the coolest August day I've ever experienced in Vegas. I think the high was only 82, but with the clouds and rain it felt cooler. Hoping for pool weather tomorrow!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it raining, flooding, thunderstorming on the Strip?

Thanks for the replies. Headed to the airport now, and will definitely make the best of it!

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
928 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it raining, flooding, thunderstorming on the Strip?

We will arrive around 9pm on Tuesday.Rain or shine we will make the best of it our 1st time to Vegas.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it raining, flooding, thunderstorming on the Strip?

Do NOT sweat it. No flooding on the Strip; flooding was all in the flats below the foothills. Except I assume that the ground floor of the IP parking structure was flooded, as always -- despite the name change! That structure is built in the flood control channels and gets flooded in every rain -- it designed that way.

Stay inside if you are afraid of the rain, and gamble and drink. Or walk outside and enjoy the rainfall while you drink outdoors.

What I dislike is the humidity! It might be only 84 degrees, but it is a humid 84. I'll take a dry 105 any day!!

7. Re: Is it raining, flooding, thunderstorming on the Strip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 05:18