We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caesar's Palace/Nobu Tax and Recovery Charges?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
670 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Caesar's Palace/Nobu Tax and Recovery Charges?

My reservation fine print says the rate excludes tax, recovery charges and service fees. Can anyone tell me what the recovery charge is and how much I can expect to pay?

We know the resort fee is $25 per night.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
978 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caesar's Palace/Nobu Tax and Recovery Charges?

"recovery charges" means that they reserve the right to charge you additional taxes if the tax rates change between when you booked, and when you stayed.

For example, suppose you booked a $100 room for 6 months from now, and paid 10% tax, for a total of $110. And let's suppose that was a pre-paid rate.

Then suppose 3 months later, the evil tax-man instantly raises the tax rate from 10% to 15%. The hotel has reserved the right to charge you the additional $5 when you show up.

Normally this is a no-op, but theoretically, there could be fees if tax rates change.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
670 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caesar's Palace/Nobu Tax and Recovery Charges?

Ah! Makes sense. Thank you!

3. Re: Caesar's Palace/Nobu Tax and Recovery Charges?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 06:22