We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sly as a FOX...car rental

DaShores
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
sly as a FOX...car rental

Beware....yes they have competitive rates, but it will take you an extra hour to get your vehicle. First you take the shuttle to the car rental center only to find that Fox rent a car is not there, you have to wait for another shuttle to another car rental center about 8 minutes away. Once you arrive, prepare to stand in a very slow moving line.

Once you get your paperwork all sorted out, they want a photo copy of your passport?? (what the Fox) isn't my driver's licence and credit card enough? Apparently not...Then prepare to stand in another line, in the 100*+ F heat while some poor guy tries to sort out who wants an economy, who wants a mid size etc....

Returning the car is another problem, once you find who to speak to you then have to find someone else for your final bill? Then hop a shuttle back to the other car rental center. About as convenient as root canal.

This car rental agency is understaffed and poorly equipped to properly run an efficient operation. Beware of FOX or you will be asking yourself the same question I was... what the FOX?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sly as a FOX...car rental

Thanks for posting.

Your contribution joins the catalog of posts on here warning people about the pitfalls of using Fox. More than enough to read should anybody want to do a little research when thinking of using this company.

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
491 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sly as a FOX...car rental

I've actually done FOX twice. First time we couldn't figure out how to take the shuttle, but no lineup when we got there so I gave them a second chance.

Second time, waited forever for their shuttle to come, and when we arrived, took a long time for us to get our car.

Overall, would not do it again and haven't done it in a long time. I find better rates using coupons or costcotravel these days anyways.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sly as a FOX...car rental

I don't understand why people always say root canals are bad . Never bothered me .

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,607 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sly as a FOX...car rental

He didn't say a root canal was bad. He apparently finds them inconvenient.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sly as a FOX...car rental

Ahhhh .................... my bad .

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sly as a FOX...car rental

Cheap is what cheap does.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sly as a FOX...car rental

Dentists provide free shuttles if you're getting a root canal? Darn Obamacare!

DaShores
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sly as a FOX...car rental

and post number 6 is exactly why i would rather have root canal than attend a trip advisor meet and greet.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sly as a FOX...car rental

Meet and greet ? Thought this was about rental cars and dentistry ? ?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,607 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sly as a FOX...car rental

Well, if you use Fox you get greeted and meeted by 2 different shuttles so maybe that's the connection...