We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Level Contributor
21,433 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

Wow, I can hardly wait !!

…go.com/US/wireStory/largest-ferris-wheel-ne…

Carlsbad CA
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

"Wow, I can hardly wait !!"

Sarcasm? I find these rather boring. And what a thrill for the other one that's being built--non-stop commercials being played. Pay a lot of money, go on a slow ride and get bombarded with advertising.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

Hi

I must admit these wheels are a bit boring. Last month we went on the London eye for the 1st time. It will be the last aswell. Load of money and queing for not alot really. I think you will see more and at your own pace from the Stratosphere or the Eifel tower.

Clive

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
791 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

It won't be ready when I go in December. Ah well...

Visalia, California
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

The other one is bankrupt and wont be completed. I forgot the name of it but only 1 of the giant wheels is going to be completed unless the one that is in bankruptcy can get funding.

I wonder if they are going to do anything special with it. If the pods are big enough they could sell the pods for things like new years eve. Provide drinks and what not.

Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

If it was ready when we go I would have went on it, i liked going on the London Eye.

Like someone above said, they'll probably rent the pods out on special occasions, perform weddings up there etc.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

I went on the London Eye and really liked it! We had a special occasion, and it was booked with champagne and snacks. It was very special, especially timed to be on top when the sun went down and the sky got colored and extra beautiful. It was an experience never to forget. Absolutely not boring, the time went so fast, I wished the wheel would have gone much slower. Ok, I agree that the Strip isn't London, but also in Vegas it could be very nice and impressive. What is not to like to see a nice view of the Strip? I will definitely give it a try and hope to do it when the sun goes down and with champagne!

Gloucester England
Level Contributor
617 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

I will def be giving it a go when it is ready, cant see what is not to like about it.

Arrive next week so no chance on this trip.

Chicago
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

Vital Vegas is doing a good job of keeping up with the progress of the project. It's alot more complete than the OP article.

vitalvegas.com/high-roller-observation-wheel…

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

Hang out on the London board, and you'll see billions (approximate) of questions on the London Eye. Somebody finds these things worthwhile.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: High Roller Vegas wheel nears completion

Hi

Well I found it pretty boring, everyone's got different opinions on things. I still think once you have been on one, they are all the same, OK different view but in LV you can see that view from many places.

Clive

Edited: 09 September 2013, 17:42