We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

West Springfield...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

I recently reserved a room ($110 a night) @ The Cosmopolitan for the days of November 8-12 via Priceline "Name Your Price". My question is, can I email them and ask the cost of upgrading to a terrace suite as I am guessing the room reserved was city view room? Will they be able to pull up my reservation without a hotel confirmation number? It seems as if pricelines "hotel confirmation number" is too many digits long to be the actual confirmation number.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

Yes. They can pull up your name. Sometimes the the hotel does not receive the detail till a couple of weeks out, though, when you book a through a third party.

West Springfield...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

Does anyone have any experiences when trying to upgrade a room at The Cosmopolitan with a rate booked through Priceline, etc?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

My educated guess would be that you won't be able to get details of potential upgrades and what they cost until you check-in and availability is known. The hotel will want to sell as many Terrace Suites as it can via its own reservations rather than upgrading people in advance who've booked using a discounted rate through a third party, especially at a weekend.

But I may be wrong. I would call and ask rather than emailing.

Lanarkshire
Destination Expert
for Quarteira, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

Is Cosmo the only 5* in Strip South vicinity on Priceline ?

If not, is there anyway of guaranteeing staying there using their system or is it by chance ?

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

Hi

leedylan1998 check out hotel list on www.betterbidding.com

Clive

Ottawa
Level Contributor
993 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

IIWY, I'd be more concerned about actually getting any room, or at least a room with the bed configuration you prefer, let alone an upgrade on a Priceline booking...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,728 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

I've used expedia and Priceline and bookit without incident. I have been upgraded for free upon arrival and paid for the odd upgrade. Always did it on arrival. Never done this at the Cosmo, though.

A hotel has a variety of discounted rates out in the public. They don't punish people for booking third party. That's kind of an old canard. Their yield management makes them part of the their marketing mix. If they can get more revenue from you on check-in, have availability and you're willing to pay they will work with you.

leefyIan, Priceline has "mystery" hotels that can be booked, where the hotel's identity is revealed after you purchase. They also allow you to purchase for a specific hotel. The discount on the former is deeper.

Edited: 14 September 2013, 14:26
Midwest
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

With a Priceline NYNY buy I was able to upgrade before my trip. I called the main reservation number and they referred me to 'corporate sales' via a 800 line.

Chicago
Level Contributor
733 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

@ Tinious - When did you last arrive at a hotel you booked on PL only to find there was no hotel room for you?

Because I have used Priceline for over 100 hotel bookings in the last eight years and have always had a room. I've never had a grumpy front desk clerk, a dirty room, a room in a poor location or any of the other experiences about which so many other people post.

As far as upgrades go, it depends on so many factors - the mood of the front desk clerk, occupancy for the length of your stay, how hot you are, how much you're willing to pay, etc. I have found that I have the best luck by just asking very politely at the front desk. I know you all may find this VERY difficult to believe but I am impossibly charming in person. :-) I have a knack for getting what I want. Basically, don't be afraid to ask for exactly what you want. You have nothing to lose but your panties. oh wait, wrong forum.

Ohio
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upgrading a room purchased on Priceline? (The Cosmopolitan)

In my opinion, calling the Cosmo a 5 Star is a real stretch. It lacks green grass and palm trees and waterfalls and a golf course. What about a Cirque show or headliner?