We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dropping rental car at airport

louisemcbridechris
Level Contributor
188 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dropping rental car at airport

Coming next year and considering renting a car through enterprise one day to go to outlet malls and then possibly drive to airport for our next flight out

My question is, has anyone done this recently? Drove the airport and dropped car at airport with enterprise?

I'm assuming its a bit away from airport and then a shuttle will take us back to airport

How long would I need to do this process?

Also do enterprise have a pick up desk within the city centre? Well be staying at cosmo

If I'm hearing its be easier to get a taxi to airport and drop car evening before back at hotel collection point then ill do that

We have a friend who works for enterprise who can get us a fair discount so this is why we will

Probably use them

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dropping rental car at airport

It is about an 8 minute shuttle ride from the rental facility to the airport. I have never picked up a car on the Strip and returned to the airport. You need to ask if there is an additional fee for dropping off in a different location.

louisemcbridechris
Level Contributor
188 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dropping rental car at airport

Have just done a quick search on a comparison site and looks like same price to drop back at collection point and airport

Also cheapest I can see on there is £50/$75 for most basic car, will I be likely to get better deals in the car rental places on the day than is showing now??

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dropping rental car at airport

The most expensive rates are always for "walk-up's," that is folks who have no reservation and are looking for a car. Always reserver something and keep checking back. If the rates drop you can re-book at the lower rate. But I have never had them lower the rate when you are checking in, any rebooking for a lower rate needs to be done before you get to the desk.

Everything I am saying is based on booking the car domestically. I know there are sometimes different rules for those who book from other countries, such as insurance requirements.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dropping rental car at airport

Hi

I would only rent from the UK myself. When you buy from the like of ebookers, netflights,BA it's an all inclusive price. All insurances you need. Nothing to be hassled with at the rental desk (except fuel). If they do offer anything you just keep saying no. I belive the walk up price for non Americans is very expensive because you need so many different types of insurance.

Clive

5. Re: Dropping rental car at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:17