We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2015, 00:12
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

I've seen all you mentioned except MJ--from your preferences, KA sounds like the winner for you. I think it was pretty cool (and told a story too), my friend hated it because it was martial arts based. Best way I could describe it? karate-ballet with an amazing stage.

LeReve blows O out of the proverbial water. I didn't love O.

I wouldn't do two cirque shows for your first trip. Mix it up. Try a different kind or two.

Carlsbad CA
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

First basic Cirque is Mystere.

Best Cirque is LOVE.

Oakbrook Terrace...
Level Contributor
750 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

Best show in Vegas: Le Reve at Wynn. It is amazing and you'd love the special effects in addition to the acrobatics. There is not a bad seat in the theater but middle to higher rows are a bit better because you can see what is going on a lot better.

You usually can find discounts coupons at travelzoo.com

not in japan yet
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

I haven't seen any of them yet but have researched them all extensively. Here is my take on each of them:

Love - very widely liked show, but biggest complaint is that there is more dancing than circus.

MJ:ONE (NOT Immortal) - again, widely liked show, but almost all dance, little circus. Depends if Beatles vs. MJ is your cup of tea. MJ:one is apparently WAY better than Immortal ever was, so don't get the reviews mixed up.

Ka - has a story line, but more martial arts than circus

O - very widely liked show, cirque in water makes it the most unique, some find it boring though.

La Reve - some people like this better, some like O better... haven't really deciphered the difference.

Mystere - the most traditional of the CdS vegas shows

Zumanity - boobs!

Zarkana - similar but worse than Mystere

Criss Angel - don't bother.

For your purposes, I'd probably pick O and Love. The 2 of them have the best reviews overall, and they are very different from one another (one is more serious/dramatic/circus, and the other is fun music/dancing) so it wouldn't be cirque overkill. If you're staying for 10 days then I don't see the problem with seeing 2 cirque shows during your stay.

Haha how's that for someone who is similarly a vegas/CdS newbie?

kirkham
Level Contributor
122 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

MJ One was the one that we enjoyed the most and it was 100% wow:)

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

If you ask 100 people, you will get 100 different answers as to their favorites. Pick a couple to see and just do it! The next time you can see a couple more, and so on and so on.

England
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

My picks would be Le Reve (best in town) and Mystere or Ka. However, you may want to go to You Tube as all the shows are covered pretty extensively, and you may see what you fancy there.

In short, shows to avoid = Believe and O. All the rest should satisfy your Vegas show itch!

not in japan yet
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

olalaoparis and GARSON51, can you describe the difference between La Reve and O, and what makes La Reve so much better in your opinion?

not Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
386 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

My personal favorite is Ka. It is a technological marvel. It really is. If you would like to see a second show try Mystere as it is much more acrobatic, more traditional, if that's the right word, Cirque show.

I'm looking forward to returning to Vegas to see them both again.

10. Re: Best show for us - vegas/cirque du soleil newbees?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2015, 00:12