We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

We signed up for the VISA for all the benefits. I read you can use the BoB pass on the weekends. Does anyone know if we have to pay the extra to use the pass on the weekend since the price for BoB is higher? I know there is surcharge for Bacchanal and Rio regardless of when it is used.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

I was wondering the same thing the ladies said no extra and we activated ours at 11:00 am Saturday morning at PH and headed to the spice market. Don't forget to use the platinum line next morning there were about fifty in line but we went right through.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

The free BoB is not valid on holidays and holiday weekends. We were in Vegas over 4th of July which was a Thursday this year. We had to wait until Sunday to use the BoB. There was no surcharge for weekends and even included free chamgpagne at Paris.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

How long after getting approved is everyone getting Platinum status upgraded? Is it immediate or does it take time?

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

It took me about 2 weeks to see my status change. I received a congratulatory email confirming platinum status.

I don't plan on using it for a holiday weekend, unless there is a holiday on October 4th that I don't know about!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,824 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

should be 24 hours to get platnium status after you are approved

Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

I picked up my platinum card before checking in (no resort fees) but it was six weeks and two emails for my online profile and welcome message. They were very timely in answering.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

@john398 --24 hours

@odessan--6 weeks

@SpicyTuna--2 weeks

those are all big differences. I hope it does not take that long for me. I wanted to use the benefits of Platinum status for my upcoming trip. I mistakenly thought it was immediate. I've been reading about this card for a while here but took my time in applying. Dang it.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
414 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

Platinum was almost immediate for me but weeks for my wife.

Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

Ha ha good one 135. Yes the benefits are available immediately I just had to wait to be updated. Also paid $750 in bills to take advantage of the 10,000 credit promo.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Total Rewards VISA and BoB question

Do you have to have your Total Rewards Players Card to take advantage of "no resort fees" or is the Total Rewards Credit Card enough?