We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

I have comp rooms for both MGM Grand and Monte Carlo. We've stayed at MGM and it's quite nice but have never stayed at Monte Carlo. Any thoughts on which would be preferred?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

My opinion would be for MGM as all the rooms are newly renovated. Also the great choice of restaurants. The only thing Monte Carlo has on MGM is location

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,727 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

MGM is better in every possible way.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

Its always nice to stay somewhere different so go for MC . That's what im doing next trip .

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
421 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

I've stayed at both, but it's been quite a while since I stayed at MC. That said, while MC location is great, MGM isn't bad, and has everything you could ask for. I just love staying there. I vote for MGM.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

I've been to both. I think they are both nice. I think you should read the reviews on Trip Advisor for each hotel to make a decision as to what will work better for you.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

Hi

I have also stayed at both. MGM is far better room quality but there's nothing wrong with the Monte Carlo for me to say don't stay there. Being the smaller property makes it so much easier to get about.

Clive

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,060 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

I've stayed in both and would recommend MGM. Rooms are newer/nicer, pool area is much better, on-site food choices much better. MC has the tram to CityCenter and Bellagio, but that's the only advantage I can really come up with.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

MGM is the better hotel overall with a better pool area. You didn't mention when you are going so that may not even be a factor.

For me personaly though, I really enjoy and also find alot of merit in trying new places that I have never been and I always do that whenever feasable. For that reason, and that reason only I would choose Monte Carlo

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

Signature at mgm is good option all suite rooms with the facilities of the mgm grand for your use.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MGM Grand vs. Monte Carlo hotel

Just stayed at Monte Carlo but spent a lot of time in MGM. I personally prefer Monte Carlo as MGM is at times cavernous in its size. However, MGM definitely has better restaurant options and, from photos I have seen, the renovated rooms look superior to MC. MC definitely still has the better location, an easy to navigate floor plan, and the pool, while much less to offer, is far less packed. I would say give MC a shot as you've never stayed there before - it will be a new experience!