We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do the Colorado Rains help LV( e.g. LK Meade & Water Supply?

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,688 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Do the Colorado Rains help LV( e.g. LK Meade & Water Supply?

Have been seeing a lot about the rains in the Colorado area but don't know if/how it might effect the Las Vegas Water situation. I had seen a lot of references to the Lake Meade levels when in Vegas Last Week, but am not sure where the Vegas Water Sources start.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,897 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do the Colorado Rains help LV( e.g. LK Meade & Water Supply?

I'm pretty sure the rain there was on the other side of the continental divide and would basically be headed east instead of west.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,515 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do the Colorado Rains help LV( e.g. LK Meade & Water Supply?

There has been alot of rain in Northern Arizona, Utah, Colorado and Nevada.

I had heard Lake Powell water levels rose a bit with all the recent rain. Next stop on the waters route is Lake Mead, so it probably benefitted some too. But it would take alot more rain than that (and heavy winter snows)to fill those reservoirs again.

3. Re: Do the Colorado Rains help LV( e.g. LK Meade & Water Supply?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 05:18