We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

Washington
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

Heading to Vegas in early Oct. just a day shy of two weeks from now; staying at The Cosmo. A no brainer trip being I had this one booked awhile back & am looking forward to it.

However, I just checked & can get a RT nonstop airfare & one week stay at The Paris from day before Halloween on thru the weekend; for $143.00 grand total (including all taxes & fees). Always heard Halloween in Vegas is thrilling; this is extremely tempting! What would you do if you were in my shoes? I'm up in arms & can't decide!

Edited: 20 September 2013, 00:35
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,493 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

If you have nothing better to do then why not?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

how long is the cosmo trip?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,073 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

"Up in arms" means you're angry. You're probably "up in the air" lol.

If your budget, time off from work etc allows a second trip to a place you enjoy, why not? Tell us the negative part. What would make you NOT go? Would it mean spending money you shouldn't really spend on gambling or other stuff? Or being away from a family member who is less-than-thrilled that you're going? Or falling behind on something at work?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

If I had the vacation leave, no dog, no kid, and could get flight prices like that, I'd be all over it. Sadly, not likely to happen in my world any time soon

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,073 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

Oh, and sorry, but per your screen name...I don't think you're going to miss the Nationals in the World Series...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,838 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

LOL I would if had time on money because I would want to go Halloween and also for the internet mafia family picnic or whatever they call that at the D

Washington
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

I'll be at The Cosmopolitan for one week during the early October trip.

Retired, no obligations holding me back, nada; not even hopes of The Nats making it in the playoffs...LOL! I can wing the money part; just wondering if it be a stupid move or not on my part to do another Vegas trip 3 weeks after I return from the first one. I do however, have a one week trip already set up for Atlantic City during the Veteran's Day weekend. So it would mean if I did go to Vegas for Halloween, I'd only have one day before I leave for my AC trip. Don't know what I should do!

Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,073 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

That makes it easier. Cancel AC. Or shorten it to a 3-4 nighter.

Washington
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

Actually Irish, the first two nights are at one AC property, while the remaining nights are at another. I love both LV & AC. And I know they are both completely different, but I enjoy both cities.

Edited: 20 September 2013, 01:05
Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,073 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two Vegas Trips in Oct.; Would you or wouldn't you do it?

I enjoy both of them too. I'm "due" for an AC trip, not having been since May. Can't say I'd want to do a week there though, my gambling budget wouldn't hold out!