We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook package

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Topic
Thomas Cook package

Hi All, looking to book a package next summer for 10 nights in Vegas, good prices on the TC website. Would you recommend that we book the airport transfers with TC or would it be cheaper to just make our own way to the hotel.

Also, do you get an in resort rep with this kind of package?

Thans in advance

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook package

What is the price of transfers in their package?

Look around at pricing seperately - sites like hotels.com have good deals so its worth comparing!

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook package

Hi

Never done a package but you are only looking at around $20 or less for a taxi from the airport to just about any strip hotel.

I don't really see why you need a rep in somewhere like Las Vegas. You will and can find so much info on line and this forum.

Clive

England
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook package

The reps will invariably come with a stack of coupons (for a price) and have a vested interest in selling you additional packages/trips. Usually, the benefits promised are outweighed by time/expense getting to some of the more obscure venues.

My advice? Do what cliveasmith says.

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook package

Hi not really bothered about having a rep, they are only trying to sell at the end of the day! Just wondered if there would be one, been to the states several times before but just fly drives and city breaks so wondered what the purpose of a rep would be !!!

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook package

Hi

Have you looked at booking it all yourself separately. Sign up to smartervegas and look at the unlisted deals. If you see a price you like, book and make sure you can cancel it if a better offer comes up.

Really it's a bit early yet for booking a hotel for next summer, but just keep checking.

I would definitely not book a transfer, it's only $20 for a taxi. If you book a transfer you may have to sit on a coach waiting for others to join when you could be checked into your hotel enjoyed the delights of Vegas

Nottingham
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook package

I have also booked through a travel company, I priced up doing it myself and also through a number of companies.

I dont think it always comes out cheaper doing it yourself due to deals that some travel agents may get. I would suggest just having a quick shop around.

TC did work out more for us, we booked through Kuoni who were very decent - but again it depends on what your after.

In terms of transfer, I would personally pay the taxi fare, even if it is a little more.

There is nothing worse than coming off a plane, getting your bags and then having to wait for another flight to land before the coach will leave - if you get a taxi you can be done and gone and probably checked in before the coach gets there hehe

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook package

Hi,

Booking early seems to keep the cost of the flights low, so it can work out in your best interest to book now.

Smarter vegas does have great deals on hotels, sign up and give it a go.To be honest, I've never beat Expedia.

I've also used Thomas Cook twice to get to Vegas, because we staggered payments, both times, worked out to £800 for a week.

Don't bother paying for a transfer cabs are cheap.

Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook package

Been to vegas twice now and both times booked around 9 months in advance and recieved un beatable prices 2 years ago paid £1000 for two weeks in mirage last year paid £1100 againd for two weeks in mirage you can barely get a ba or va flight for that price but for some reason thomas cook this year just cant come anywere near those prices its £1400 for 14 nights in mirage if I book now wich seems expensive as I could have stayed in the venetian for that price last year.

my plan this year is to hold on and check every day for a better price just in the last week the flights have droped £50 so hoping they keep going down

Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook package

Just to add to that thomas cook airlines only fly on sundays and fridays meaning that u can go for 7 9 12 or 14 nights you should try that as thomas cook airlines is the cheapest direct flight to las vegas (please correct me if im wrong) flight is coming in at around £700 for july and u can get very good deals booking hotel seperate

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook package

Hi, we've been to Vegas 6 times and always a package deal with Thomas Cook. The last few times we didn't bother with the transfer (even when it was included in the price) and just got a taxi

It's been a couple of years since we were last there but they do have reps and they used to have a welcome meeting at Planet Hollywood in Caesars Palace.........we stopped going after the first two years.

We always book a year in advance as they offer some good deals.