We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

It doesn't look too far! Could even stop off at Hooters!

Or long haul yourself!!! :)

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

This is something I''ve always wondered about. But I just happed to see a group walking through the airport grounds on my last trip (yesterday actually) checked maps and sure enough, there are sidewalks going all the way from Tropicana to Terminal 1.

Edited: 25 September 2013, 17:09
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

No...it is a silly question. We accept payment in the form of girly giggles...half now, half later.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

Everything in Vegas looks much, much closer than what it actually is.

Found that out when I walked from PH to Strat my first trip. I had worn brand new shorts, and the chaffing about killed me.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

A guy I work with did it or at least tried until a officer picked him up. It was his first time in Vegas and said the standard that it looked so close. The cop dropped him off at Hard Rock and threatened to give him a ticket. B told the cop he wasnt staying at Hard Rock and the cop said he didnt care and drove off.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,031 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

Did the cop tunnel him?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

"Found that out when I walked from PH to Strat my first trip. I had worn brand new shorts, and the chaffing about killed me."

Cintiguy: I never stop learning from this forum! I will add this to my preperations for future trips: Break in any new shorts before heading to Vegas, to avoid chafing. lol

Goldsboro, North...
Level Contributor
644 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

I have walked from Stardust to Luxor but Strip to LAS is a monstrous walk...especially with luggage.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

KT...I had never even thought about it. I knew about shoes, but I had never thought/heard about making sure you had "worn" shorts/pants when walking. I'm not kidding you, I was in a bit of pain and couldn't even walk back to the IP. Ended up jumping on the bus for a cheap ride back. The next two days my legs were raw.

Mastic Beach, New...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

Be warned, distances in Vegas are very deceiving. The first time we stayed at the Paris we had tickets to see an afternoon show at the Rio. It didn't look all that far, go to the corner, cross the street and walk down a few blocks. HA! It's a lot further than it looked and there were parts of the walk that were rather dangerous as I recall. We made it (thankfully, it was in January and not July! LOL) but we took a cab back.

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,052 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

I think if you just cut across the runways it cuts the distance a good bit !