We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

It doesn't look too far! Could even stop off at Hooters!

Or long haul yourself!!! :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

No It never even occurred to me to try....although I did once walk from the Rivera to downtown a couple decades ago. Not sure why that bright idea made logical sense to me at the time either ~

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

Ive walked from the Thomas and Mack to the strip. At night time. Whilst nothing of note happened, i dont think i would do it again. Not much further than the airport though a lot easier pedestrian wise.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

So has anyone worked out how far it is by foot to get to central strip? 2.7 miles the book reckons! Maybe that's how the crow flies!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

Too far and too hot!!

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,155 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

I map it at 2.4 miles from the corner of Trop and LVBlvd to the middle of the Terminal 1.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

There was one pinch point on the walk(airport to Tropicana). The flow of incoming taxis is without pause. The suggestion to take the shuttle to the car rental center and walking from there is spot on.

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

My thought is if you have to walk from the airport to the strip.....that you may want to reconsider your trip to Vegas...

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

Never walked, but I have taken the local bus and that wasn't at all bad. Wouldn't recommend walking all that way, but have heard that those who lose all of their money have been known to do so.

manchester
Level Contributor
393 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread..

But can someone please give me detail instructions on what is the best way to get from the Airport to the Luxor? Like for example someone here mentioned WAX, this is going to be our first time to Vegas so I have no idea what that means!

There is 5 of us.. I would think either public transport or pre-ordering larger taxi or something would probably be best? Can we pre-order somewhere reputable? (someone who will not take us on sight seeing tour with the meter running!!:-))

Thanks!!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Does anyone just walk to the strip from the airport?

You can not pre-order a cab. There are always lots of cabs at the airport, and the line is very organized. 5 passengers is the limit for a cab in LV, and you will find plenty of van/cabs that will hold you all. A cab to Luxor will be less than $20.