We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirque du Soliel - O: Any tips on seating?

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Cirque du Soliel - O: Any tips on seating?

I'm looking at the seating chart on ticket master and the price ranges from $109-$198. I want to be able to see the show, but I'd prefer to not pay $198 if I don't need to.

Has anyone been to O and enjoyed the show from a cheaper seat? If you did, what section do you recommend?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,590 Reviews
from US$399.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,068 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
392 Reviews
from US$499.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam Helicopter...
580 Reviews
from US$369.99*
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cirque du Soliel - O: Any tips on seating?

Our seats were in section 204 and we saw everything (well, except for 'twitching muscles and sweat') ;-)

Level Contributor
1,110 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cirque du Soliel - O: Any tips on seating?

We sat front row paid a fortune for it and I wouldn't recommend it, yes you could see all the performers facial expressions but it was just too close.

For a Cirque show I would go for middle range seats, you need a bit of height to appreciate it I think and take it all in. So smack bang in the middle if you can

Level Contributor
744 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cirque du Soliel - O: Any tips on seating?

I can't remember exactly where I sat, but the seats were on the upper level off to one side and we could see everything really well. I think that the design of the theatre makes it so that all of the seats , even the cheaper ones, are good.

13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cirque du Soliel - O: Any tips on seating?

Someone mentioned on a different board that Section 203 , upper orchestra was awesome. Ill be trying to get that section in about two weeks when I go.

Level Contributor
2,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cirque du Soliel - O: Any tips on seating?

We have seen the show 4 or 5 times. We got the cheaper obstructed view tix for the first time seeing it and it was nowhere near the experience as the best seats. Most of the cirque shows the seat doesn't matter that much but O matters the most in my opinion. If it's possible budget wise I would get the best seats they have to offer which is the middle section in the lower orchestra and 10-15 rows up. It really makes a big difference. It is the only way I would recommend seeing the show especially if you might only see the show once. Or I would simply call the box office and ask them for the closest possible seats to the premium section and that 1 seat over might save you 50 per ticket but I would go now lower than categorie b tix and have the box office look at 2 or 3 show times during your visit so you can get the best seats and not be as picky on day.

Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,993 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cirque du Soliel - O: Any tips on seating?

I've seen O from both the 200 section and the balcony (300 section). By far the best view was from the balcony.

Don't believe? Rewatch the synchronized swimming events from the Summer Olympics. They spend Billions$ to make sure the very best views are broadcast around the world. Which view do the show almost exclusively? From above looking down. This allows the viewer to see the formations and movements of the swimmers.

In addition O has much of the action taking place 20 feet above the stage. From ground level you have a choice of either looking straight ahead or looking up. Either way you will miss some of the action. Looking down from the balcony you will see it all below you.

Save a little money and purchase the best seats in the house---balcony seats.

BTW: I don't like O, it is my least favorite of the Cirque shows I have seen. But at least I had a better view from the balcony the 2nd time I saw it.

7. Re: Cirque du Soliel - O: Any tips on seating?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor